CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #251  
Dang. This is insane for a new tractor. Is it coming from the motor?
Are you sure it's from the tractor transmission?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Hello Clover...great question thanks for reminding me! Correct, all those metal filings, holes in the hubs and c clip issues are just part of the TYM QC in manufacturing :)

I am with you, I think the problem is either in the motor itself (pistons, crankshaft or something else?) or the main hydraulic pump/system...as I am not a mechanic I am unsure. However, having no stethoscope we are going to use a section of tubing tomorrow and try to find the source.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #253  
$8.00 Mechanics Stethoscope

But I wonder if you should run it at all until the dealer can take it back for warranty repair?

To me, it sounds like some drive shaft that is supposed to be held in place by something may not be fully tightened down. Or there's something in there that is getting kicked around that isn't supposed to be in there.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #254  
Soooo, that front axle was likely NOT abnormal. It wasn't the problem at all. That makes me fear what other "normal" axles look like

Good point Clover....very fortunate we decided to pull the front axle apart while looking for the current problem. that could have been disastrous from an injury standpoint.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #256  
Since the engine is mechanically injected, it uses cables directly to the inject pump for the throttle control. In order to turn off the Auto Throttle, you need to unhook the cable either at the pedal side or at the injection pump side.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #257  
That is true, it’s just a cable. This story is just wild. What a coincidence that the sound was not from the front axle, which was also in fact a mess after just a few hours.
Man, I hope you find a resolution soon… I wish the dealer and TYM would after 6 months say, enough, and give you a new unit. Then they can do some exploratory work on this one and fix whatever they have done wrong. Hope your dad is well today and that he soon gets to enjoy his first new tractor.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help on the auto throttle. I wish they would too clover....unbelievable to pay this kind of money for this kind of experience

Ok, I am pretty sure it is the main hydraulic pump...can someone tell me where that is located on the tractor?

It occurred to me that while I can now hear it a tiny bit when stationary and idling, or stationary and adjusthing the throttle any time is happens "loud" hydralics are being activated. Today I was stationary and started to drop a loaded bucket and it activated as soon as I touched the level. It had been sitting their quietly, and as soon as I touched the level it started and kept going until I stopped touching the lever. Of course you can't duplicate it again precisely, but I know for certain this happened today. It gets louder and more frequent the warmer the outside temp and the harder you work the tractor.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #260  
If it's the pump I'd think that it would be louder when the pump is doing work like raising the loader.

The pump is on the left side of the engine. It's attached to the front gear case, pointing backwards along the block. I'm assuming that since its a Kukje engine, it's in the same place as it is on Branson Kujke engines. There's a hose leading to it and two leading away (it's a dual pump, for two circuits).