CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #261  
Yeah the pump is engine bay left, and external. Not painted.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #262  
You have a warranty and whatever the problem is, it won't get better on its own. In fact, you could get blamed if you try anything to diagnose or fix it. The dealer fixed it under warranty and it's not right. Further, it's his problem to make it right. Waiting to have the conversation with the dealer is never a good idea and day one would have been best. Just my two cents.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #263  
Get rid of that tractor its cursed....

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #264  
Any updates on this?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Hello everyone I do have some updates unfortunately they're quite unpleasant. First of all I took the tractor back to the repairing dealer several weeks ago. They finally got to work on it about a week ago and struggled of course to get the clanging to happen until they decided to start it up leave it run for 20 minutes and then go test drive it. Now they can hear the clanging without issue. However try as they might they can't figure out where it's coming from. In desperation they took one of their brand new tractors right off the lot did the same thing started it up for 20 minutes and then started driving it and surprise surprise it clangs as well.

So apparently the first dealer wasn't entirely being dishonest when they said they test drove all their tractors on their lot and they did it as well apparently this is just one of the great things that comes along with purchasing a tym494 HST.

Since the sound is readily apparent in the new tractor there's no reason to switch tractors and they really don't think there's anything left to do other than just accept that that's the way it is.

I have related to them some of the post here where people indicate that they have absolutely no clanging ever and they are all just as perplexed as anyone else.

Maybe some of the tractors do it maybe some of them don't maybe it's just the newer ones. They've sold a bunch of them and nobody else is complained about it so maybe nobody else is bothered by it.

At least now they don't think I'm crazy they can make it start clanging upon demand. Just let it run for a while get good and warm and then go out and start turning in a circle or running the loader up and down or whatever and it will start

unfortunately just a few days ago we received even more devastating news.

My father was diagnosed with acute leukemia On top of the other issues he was fighting. they are immediately starting aggressive treatment but the prognosis is not good and his remaining time is measured in months. at this point he's too weak to even walk to the mailbox
Let alone drive a tractor so unfortunately it appears that for this tractor and his use of it time has run out.

It's going to take everything we've got to fight this cancer. we don't have anything left to fight with this tractor or tym.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #267  
Call a local news channel, explain the situation to them; they'll eat this up, and you'll find a resolution.

Most affiliate stations have some form of consumer protection department; our local CBS station calls it 'On Your Side.'

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
I put 2 files here that clearly illustrate the sound...just for future reference.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #269  
Very sorry to hear you are going through all of this.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #270  
Wow they have others that do it? My 4820 certainly does not. Now I want to go drive one (aTYM) at my dealer