Combating Spam

/ Combating Spam #22  
Not sure if it was the moderators or not, but this morning, I confirmed there were 2 listings that were a scam in the tractors for sale section and the attachments for sale section. I did hit the "report" button and noted they were a scam.

Within a few minutes, those posts / listings / threads were removed. I don't know if it was the mods or the actual scammer that took them down.

/ Combating Spam
Reporting forwards to mods in my experience.

Some sites also delete or hold for review any post with several reports plus there is AI that can funnel some for review through early detection.

/ Combating Spam #24  
Not sure if it was the moderators or not, but this morning, I confirmed there were 2 listings that were a scam in the tractors for sale section and the attachments for sale section. I did hit the "report" button and noted they were a scam.

Within a few minutes, those posts / listings / threads were removed. I don't know if it was the mods or the actual scammer that took them down.
I believe they were taken care of by TBN staff.

Keep reporting the spam and scams. Don't reply to them. Thanks.

/ Combating Spam #26  
We need an option for reacting to comments between report and good post.

/ Combating Spam #28  
You mean like, "meh, your post was so-so?"
No,more like pee poor, sorry,trolling ,poor taste,worthless or along those lines. Going to one's profile page would give a snapshoot of how majority folks feel about them in general.

/ Combating Spam #29  
No,more like pee poor, sorry,trolling ,poor taste,worthless or along those lines. Going to one's profile page would give a snapshoot of how majority folks feel about them in general.
Sorry Mate but I, respectfully, disagree.

This suggestion reminds me of the 'Facebook' row of quick emojis and, in this TBN forum, is against the advice/interaction style that I, at least, enjoy. Yes, I will give a " (y) Good Post" where warranted. If I disagree with the opinion/advice of another Member then I will either take the time to address the post(s) or I will simply ignore it.

And don't forget that 'we' are communicating via the written word = inflection/tone, heck, even language/words can be misconstrued. A few years ago, a New Member (from Wisconsin, I believe) got upset with me for calling him "Mate" as he thought that I was referring to him as "Buddy" or was being condescending whereas I was being friendly and welcoming.

:D I have no idea how many TBN Members are ticked off by my writing (quite properly, I might add) tyre or aluminium.

Sarcasm is a whole different subject.

Last edited:
   / Combating Spam #30  
Gah facepalm as I call it and emoticon rubbish.

Having buttons like "troll" and "worthless" would play right into those who use "appeal by popularity" who can pretty much shut down a message or member they don't agree with .. but can't argue the case.

I find I'm tending to use "good post" for a number of things, but mostly the post was very positive, insightful or on point with what I agree or resonate with greatly.