Front-End Loader Comfort Ride

/ Comfort Ride #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
IMG_2294.JPG

Adding a Kubota soft ride was one of the best modifications to the M59. Carrying logs and limbs so much smoother. Plays well with grapple. Anyone putting them on 20-30hp tractors?

/ Comfort Ride #3  
No, but I have the Kubota Shockless Ride Accumulator on my M5660 and it is AWESOME!

/ Comfort Ride #4  
I carry LARGE rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk with my grapple. Kubota M6040. When/if the going gets rough - I just slow down. I have a feeling that my slowing down and those accumulators do about the same thing.

Am I correct - ??

/ Comfort Ride #5  
Actually they don't do the same thing. The accumulator is a shock absorber. Slowing down is...well...slowing down.

/ Comfort Ride #6  
The accumulator is a lot more effective than just slowing down. Even slowing down, you'll still get some hard hits on that front axle, which the accumulator will take of that at any speed. It's a really a game changer for how simple it is.

/ Comfort Ride
Carrying large loads over rough ground is exactly why I added the soft ride accumulators. Still moving tornado damaged trees occasionally. It makes an incredible difference. The M59 can pick up heavy loads for its’ size. Can barely see the shock absorber action but you sure can feel the difference. Moving logs, lumber or steel on pallet forks is smoother without material bounce on rough ground. Carrying round bales so much nicer.
Bush hogging or grading with grapple on is a smoother ride.
Not just for the ride but also not getting hammered by your FEL should help equipment last longer. Sure helps me with my back pain.
Nothing wrong with going low and slow. I’m more turtle than rabbit. In it to win it.

/ Comfort Ride #8  
Do those little pressure vessels have some kind of bladders to contain the nitrogen?