Front-End Loader Comfort Ride

/ Comfort Ride
Been on larger forklifts for ever.

Just makes sense for loaders or forklifts. Common on commercial equipment. Sometimes I valve it out (close) to reduce the bounce when trying to enter fork pockets. Then valve it in when carrying. Tractors are poor forklifts.

/ Comfort Ride #13  
I am thinking of putting one on my loader and one on the 3pt hitch to smooth out the ride.

I'm just wondering if I can build one for cheaper but I would need 3 accumulators, two for loader and one for 3pt. then comes what charge pressure to set them at.

I once found a thread on another forum that had some pretty good info somewhere along the lines of X % of pressure when you have the largest load you lift on it. I can't seem to find it now.

/ Comfort Ride #14  
most snow removal contractors run them on the 3pt out here because most of their time is spent roading with a heavy snowblower on the 3pt

/ Comfort Ride
most snow removal contractors run them on the 3pt out here because most of their time is spent roading with a heavy snowblower on the 3pt

On the top hydraulic link? Not sure how you would on the lower lift arms.

Got the Kubota soft ride kit on eBay for $200. Didn’t use the hard lines, hoses, valve and some brackets as they were for another model.

Smaller two accumulator kit for an McCormick loader for $35 another eBay score. So there are some deals out there. Think if dealers don’t sell them with a new tractor they become old inventory that is auction off for space or write off loss? Or closed dealership?

Don’t think accumulator systems are just for creature comfort. They absorb shock energy that hammers the machine components for long term durability.

Some accumulators are precharged, factory sealed and some variable and fillable. The ones I’ve seen look to be factory charged, non refillable, Bosch brand. Aircraft landing gear accumulators have to be measured and checked periodically $$$. No idea how long the tractor grade components last? Decades I hope.

/ Comfort Ride #16  
Yes, on the 3 pt is another great use for it. Antonio Carraro offers it as an option on their tractor.

It's easier to connect on 3 pt hitch with external lift cylinders. On the other style with the internal cylinder it's a bit more tricky but doable if you can find the right port.

/ Comfort Ride #18  
I have seen top links that absorb shock but I was talking about on the hydraulic circuit for the 3pt lift. keeps that snow blower on the back from banging around.

/ Comfort Ride #19  
Diaphragm style accumulators typically have design operation of 3:1 or lower ratio. Example you should have minimum of 1000 PSI or higher precharge for 3,000 PSI system. Nominal life is around one million cycles under above conditions.

Good sustems are tuned to the loader to prevent pogo stick effect which can make ride much worse.

/ Comfort Ride #20  
I've been doing more research and I'm wondering why WR long appears to use a bladder type accumulator when we know that bottoming out an bladder type accumulator is bad for it and may cause premature failure. I'm thinking of doing two piston types with different charge pressures for empty bucket and loaded. I"m getting anywhere from .5 x max pressure to .6-.9 times the mean system pressure as a charge setting.

I'm thinking of measuring my pressure with an empty bucket and going from there with the settings. fully loaded is = max system pressure.