Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #61  
I check the 2 large bolts on each side that bolt to the Bell/Flywheel housing... never thought to check the others...

There's actually 4 bolts that bolt the masts to the bell housing, they're not very accessible with a torque wrench.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #62  
These are the four I have been keeping an eye on... thank you.

Also very glad to know I should not be working both ends at the same time... guess in only makes sense that the stress/force would be concentrated in the middle.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #63  
Hi Matt,

I have not taken any pictures but will do so once I remove the lines and other stuff in the way. It is pretty dark area to get photos. It split far enough apart that the brakes got applied and the tractor wouldn't move and that's how we found it. I am sure it may have started as a small crack but we have never looked that closely under there. Once I get it out I will know for sure.

the 4 Bolts on the side frame rails connecting the back to the front are all tight.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #64  
Hi Matt,

I have not taken any pictures but will do so once I remove the lines and other stuff in the way. It is pretty dark area to get photos. It split far enough apart that the brakes got applied and the tractor wouldn't move and that's how we found it. I am sure it may have started as a small crack but we have never looked that closely under there. Once I get it out I will know for sure.

the 4 Bolts on the side frame rails connecting the back to the front are all tight.

Thanks Mark, 110 owners are great for sharing knowledge about this machines. Your pics will help us keep an eye out for this failure.

Matt

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #65  
There's actually 4 bolts that bolt the masts to the bell housing, they're not very accessible with a torque wrench.
I don't know how but I missed 2 of the bolts that bolt to the bell housing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'm wondering how you guys are getting the torque wrench on the bolts closest to the operator platform? I fiddled around today and could barely get the open end wrench in there. I only found one of the loader bolts to need a small amount more torque.

Matt
I see why you are having trouble getting the torque wrench on the bolts closest to the operators platform. I can't get any wrench in there!!!!

A 004 (3).jpg

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #66  
I suspect these hard to reach bolts are part of the problem. If they require disassemble of the hydraulic hoses etc then they likely aren't getting check regularly. It's even hard with getting these with the box wrench!

Matt

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #67  
I suspect these hard to reach bolts are part of the problem.
Matt

I agree Matt, as I said before I didn't know that the bolts were there!!!!!!!!(I guess I'm just getting old) I'm going to try and borrow a crowfoot wrench and see if it will work.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #68  
Looking at the picture a crowfoot wrench for the hydraulic hoses should make them easy to remove. Then tighten the bolts with a 6 pt socket. The hydraulic hoses shuld loosen and tighten easily with the o ring fittings.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #69  
Looking at the picture a crowfoot wrench for the hydraulic hoses should make them easy to remove. Then tighten the bolts with a 6 pt socket. The hydraulic hoses shuld loosen and tighten easily with the o ring fittings.

I was hoping I could check the bolts torque without removing the lines, but that's my next step

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #70  
So what is the process for getting all these bolts properly stretched? I just bought a 110 and I am keeping it at a remote location. I plan on doing some repairs and maintenance the next time I visit.

I would like to know what tools I should bring with me. Are the bolts easily accessed with the hoses removed, or is a crowfoot still necessary?

When looking for a 110 to purchase I noticed a loader bolt that had been broken off on a machine I was inspecting. The remaining threaded portion was freely turning.