Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #71  
I just use a large combo closed/open wrench for the Bell Housing bolts

Someone said the weak stress point comes from digging with the hoe with a full loader bucket up front... the forces from front and back meet at the housing.

Kind of makes sense because the hoe is powerful and not unusual when using to lift the front of the TLB up...

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #72  
I just use a large combo closed/open wrench for the Bell Housing bolts

Someone said the weak stress point comes from digging with the hoe with a full loader bucket up front... the forces from front and back meet at the housing.

Kind of makes sense because the hoe is powerful and not unusual when using to lift the front of the TLB up...

I pay attention to "squaring up" the tractor before I begin working the hoe. Whenever possible, I set the edge of the loader bucket into the ground and pressure up the front of the tractor with the bucket curl. Then, I'll use the hoe stabilizers to level the machine front to back as well as side to side.

While you can't always get a good, squared up platform when using the hoe, I think it is always a good idea to get as close as possible. IMO - it helps to minimize the twisting and the bending stresses that are generated while working the hoe.

Of course, it is a VERY good idea to watch for loose bell housing bolts....

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #73  
^^^Good Advice from someone in the know...

I like my 110 but have little to do in projects anymore... sold the CAT Dozer and I know I should sell the 110...

It is a very capable hoe and makes quick work of any digging project.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #74  
I'm back from working on my tractor this weekend. It looks like the bolts aren't as difficult to access as I was led to believe from reading this thread.

The bolt head size is 24mm but a 15/16" will work just as well. There is a control rod that works with the loader that should be disconnected, I think it has a spherical rod end attaching it. There are also two screws that secure the loader hard lines that are in the way. Once the screws are removed I think the lines will move enough to pass a socket and extension to the bolt heads.

I will be tightening these bolts the next time I visit as I did not have all the tools necessary on the last trip. After the bolts are properly torqued I plan to mark the heads with paint. The paint mark will allow me to make quick visual inspections of the bolts to check for loosening.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #75  
... sold the CAT Dozer and I know I should sell the 110...

Email or PM me, Curt, before you try to sell the 110. I have a local friend who would
buy it off you if the price were right. We are looking out for an L45 or L48 Kub, but the
110 would work fine. -D

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #76  
Oh Oh... that's what I get for spouting off.

True enough 4-6 hours a year hardly justifies as all my projects are done... just a little maintenance here and there.

Will do...

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #77  
Subscribing just because Doc put up some good images showing his hydraulic lines on his clean machine. I will be retrofitting my loader boom hoses on my 2004 to bottom feed as found on 2006+.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #78  
Not necessarily related to thread but images shown would be relative. Illustrations on the John Deere website for these hoses elude me, that is if they exist at all.
On a 2006+ machine, I'm looking for the hose part numbers for hoses near rear bellhousing bolts. On OEM Deere hoses, the p/n's are often stamped on the crimp.
Looking for part numbers...as follows:

2006+ LH side, two vertical hoses that feed to hard lines on boom to front auxiliary couplers.
2006+ RH side, two vertical hoses that feed to hard lines on boom to bucket cylinder hoses.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #79  
I believe the LH is LVA14210 sub for LVA 11708. On RH it is LVA14212 sub for LVA11737. As near as I can read on my hoses this matches information. Mine is a 2008.

/ Cracked bell housing in a 2006 110TLB #80  
Does anyone on this board have pics of the bell housing crack failures? There is so much discussion about it here, and there are some pics of the bolts that most people say are the cause of the cracks but i can't find any pictures anywhere on the actual housing cracks and where you can find them.
Any help would be great.
thanks