Curtis cab latches

/ Curtis cab latches #21  
Nobody said they were perfect. What was your first choice and why did that one become no choice at all?
The obvious observation from pictures only was that the latches needed adjustment, I do offer a double your money back guarantee on any bad advise I give.

/ Curtis cab latches #22  
They are good cabs I think it just not adjusted correct see post #12 looks like the bracket is hitting the striker bolt....The dealer should make it correct they installed it.....

/ Curtis cab latches
I'm afraid this got off topic for a bit. I have a problem, I'm just asking if anyone else has experienced this, and how it was resolved.

Bottom line, the latches don't work. The instructions only say, "adjust them". I've loosened the adjustment bolts. I've pushed them through the full travel of their adjustment, eventually I got one to work, sorta.

This is the lever all the way down.

nqEbK4g.jpg

This is the lever all the way up.

GKWqEdF.jpg

I have no idea which way is "open". The arm stays around the pin, period.

This is a roof latch, I've moved it through the full range of adjustment, but it can't be moved.

zVKsdLL.jpg

Can the latches themselves be assembled wrong? If something is wrong, could the act of tightening the adjusting/mounting bolts prevent them from moving? Unlikely, as I can't move the lever even with it hanging loose.

/ Curtis cab latches
Push come to shove, I can simply unscrew the pin the latch locks onto. Less than handy, but in reality, I only want to remove the rear panel for the heat of summer, replace it for the cold of winter. That's removing and reinstalling the pins once (probably twice on the roof so it's not loose to bounce) a year. But I'd really prefer them to simply work.

I'm trying to work this out now, so it can be done when it needs to be done, rather than spend half the summer doing it.

/ Curtis cab latches #25  
If you unscrew the striker and unbolt the latch completely from the panel you may be able to solve your problem when you can examine the latch from all angles from a more comfortable position. Hopefully removing one will allow you to find a solution for all.

/ Curtis cab latches
If you unscrew the striker and unbolt the latch completely from the panel you may be able to solve your problem when you can examine the latch from all angles from a more comfortable position. Hopefully removing one will allow you to find a solution for all.

Agreed.

The cold of the next few days will prevent this from happening, so it will take me a few days to update.

Curtis might get back with me too. It all takes time, which is why I'm asking now when it doesn't matter if I can open up or not. I want to be able to when I do need to open up.

Thanks.

/ Curtis cab latches #28  
It looks so easy in the video.

/ Curtis cab latches
Yes it does........

Seen that video, and yes it looks easy. Mine DO NOT move. Don't know what to say other than those work, mine don't, hence my problem.

In the video, there are also handles he hooks his fingers through, which I don't have.

The installation/owners manual is vague with little information.

Trust me, I've searched the internet at length, watched dozens of videos, nothing addresses my issue.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

SET OF 14' ENTRY GATES W/ COW DESIGN (A34808)
SET OF 14' ENTRY...
NEW GOLDEN MOUNT 20FT. X 30FT. X 12FT. STORAGE BUILDING Snow Rating Test Report; SGS fabric (A34907)
NEW GOLDEN MOUNT...
New AGT Mini Excavator QK16R Blue (A34302)
New AGT Mini...
FORD 4.6L V8 ENG & AUTO TRANS W/ TRANSFER CASE (A34808)
FORD 4.6L V8 ENG &...
2021 CAT 313FLGC HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR SN:ZGS00142 powered by Cat diesel engine, equipped with Cab, (A34907)
2021 CAT 313FLGC...
1065 450 JOHN DEERE WHEEL WEIGHTS (A34733)
1065 450 JOHN...