Cyclone Rake Questions

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #31  
Get the big one! I have it hooked up to my zero turn and pack it full every time I use it. Don’t listen to the stories about it being a pain to empty - I kick the lower portion out with my foot and it dumps right out. I actually wish it was bigger! I mow and pull leaves off 3 acres and I dump it 6-7 times in the fall when the leaves are coming down. It’s time consuming - I wish I only had to do that half as much. I have every extra they make and all are totally useful and well designed. You don’t want to be that guy - “I wish I had gotten the bigger model.”

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #32  
I have the mid-range Premier DR version. Works great and super-easy to dump. Note that when full, these things are top-heavy and way tippier than a small tractor. Was pulling mine full with the largest Husq GT and rolled the uphill wheel over a rock and over it went. Was only a very slight hill too. Luckily I was pulling it with a rigged-up hitch (forget why) so the trailer went over but the tractor didn't.

Actually in future plan to always hitch it that way, so the trailer can go over without pulling the tractor over. Oversizing and filling it only halfway would help lower your COG, IF you have hills.

However, in the end I was glad I didn't get a bigger one as the turning radius is huge and I have tight spaces. I *believe* the Cyclone Rake has a rigid, non-articulating hitch, which does prevent jacknifing but increases the turning radius even more. One reason I went with DR instead.

Whatever you buy, makes fall leaf cleanup a relative breeze!