Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat
Finally got some time to deal with this properly.
Fuel tank drained completely.
Pressure washed inside of fuel tank.
Removed and replaced all the old lines from tank to engine with new 5/16 fuel lines.
New inline fuel filter.
New mechanical fuel pump. (Got rid of all the previous owners installed junk).
New fuel filter. Filled it with deisel.
Ran fuel up to fuel pump with gravity cause I was worried about the Duetz priming. (Priming is a non issue as she self primed wonderfully!)
New fuel. Treated with biocide and a little marvel mystery oil.
I got in the seat with some aprehension.
I was so happy when she started first turn and I have been running her the last 2 days with no issues.
Getting ready for a bonfire today!
Thnks for all the help!
20201106_141443.jpg

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #33  
Finally got some time to deal with this properly.
Fuel tank drained completely.
Pressure washed inside of fuel tank.
Removed and replaced all the old lines from tank to engine with new 5/16 fuel lines.
New inline fuel filter.
New mechanical fuel pump. (Got rid of all the previous owners installed junk).
New fuel filter. Filled it with deisel.
Ran fuel up to fuel pump with gravity cause I was worried about the Duetz priming. (Priming is a non issue as she self primed wonderfully!)
New fuel. Treated with biocide and a little marvel mystery oil.
I got in the seat with some aprehension.
I was so happy when she started first turn and I have been running her the last 2 days with no issues.
Getting ready for a bonfire today!
Thnks for all the help!
View attachment 675651

:thumbsup: Nice!

Your woods reminds me of some of the 2nd growth stuff I push my little PT425 through. Couldn't do it without the little beast. :)

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #34  
Congratulations! I'm glad that you got it running well. Thanks for the report. I was wondering.

Your machine looks so BIG! I'm sure it isn't only a few inches wider, but from behind it looks much wider.

All the best,

Peter

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #35  
I put new fuel line on my 1845 and cleaned the fuel supply pump filter, not too bad but now the filter is leaking some and I cannot get it to stop not a bad leak. The o ring looks good and I tightened the screw up as tight as I could get it. Should I just replace the o ring even though it looks good and if so does anyone know the size? Deutz 45 hp engine F3L 1011F model

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #37  
I put new fuel line on my 1845 and cleaned the fuel supply pump filter, not too bad but now the filter is leaking some and I cannot get it to stop not a bad leak. The o ring looks good and I tightened the screw up as tight as I could get it. Should I just replace the o ring even though it looks good and if so does anyone know the size? Deutz 45 hp engine F3L 1011F model
Don't know the size, but the ring may have cracks when compressed or debris in the threads etc. Order the new one, clean and replace when it arrives. My two cents...

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #38  
Put new o ring on and the leak seems to be stopped.. Has anyone put a fuel shut off valve on the fuel line on their diesel, if so what kind of valve? Thanks

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #39  
I did. Simple ball valve with 3/8 barb if I remember correctly.

/ Deutz 4 cyl. diesel start, stall, run slow, stop, repeat #40  
Diesels are not the best application to put fuel shut off valves in, unless you are using it to only help with a fuel filter change. If you put it in to stop a leak, it only cuts off the supply and the leak may continue. Then when you try to start it, there will be a slug of air which can cause you problems. If you forget to open it, you may have to bleed the entire fuel system. Just FYI