diagnose error code 50-47

/ diagnose error code 50-47 #1  

vortex

Tractor
meh
Has anyone had to diagnose error code 50-47 before?

Description : Two Speed Output Short to Ground

It is starting to happen on my 2013 - after it fires the code, it won't get into high speed anymore, till the next restart.

I'm sort of assuming I have a chafed wired somewhere... which ought to be fun to trace....

Since it says output, I'm guessing the problem is probably on the output side of the drive controller, which according to the diagram, goes from the drive controller to the 2 speed solenoid.

Thanks

/ diagnose error code 50-47 #2  
Only found one reference to 50-47 on a thread search and it isn't much help: error code

/ diagnose error code 50-47 #3  
Same problem with mine. Please post the solution if you can get it fixed.

/ diagnose error code 50-47
I haven't had a chance to look into it yet... but from the bit of wiring diagram lookup I've done, the output from the drivecontroller (which is right in front of the radiator) goes down to the two-speed solenoid, which is up front, behind the access panel under the machine. I'm likely going to start by pulling the bottom panels, and checking the wires down there. Mine started doing it not too long after coming near to bottoming out the machine, and grinding over some stuff doing tree work... maybe I had a stick get shoved up in there. Figure I'll check and see if either of the wires has a resistance to ground.

Well, the frequency of this issue finally got bad enough on mine that I got around to figuring it out. With that error code, there are really only 4 possibilities (if the error code is accurate)
- bad Drive Controller (unlikely to just have issues with that),
- damaged wiring from the drive controller to the pilot manifold (on the F series, its straight down, below the drive controller, viewable from the access panel just in front of the rear wheels)
- bad solenoid on the pilot manifold
-the plug between the wire harness and the tail of wire on the solenoid on the pilot manifold.

On mine, it turned out to be the plug - the way they routed it, it was just laying on the access cover panel, and that entire area ends up with oil / dirt / everything else in there. Enough oil got into the plug on mine, that it shorted between the two pins within the plug.

Cleaned everything up with contact cleaner, put dielectric grease on the plug, and zip tied the plug into a better spot (and angled down) and haven't had the code trigger since....

/ diagnose error code 50-47 #6  
It's always nice to finally fix a long pestering problem. Good job! I'm working on the dishwasher right now....grrr.

When I first worked on this, I had written that these were what I thought was possible:

- bad Drive Controller (unlikely to just have issues with that),
- damaged wiring from the drive controller to the pilot manifold (on the F series, its straight down, below the drive controller, viewable from the access panel just in front of the rear wheels)
- bad solenoid on the pilot manifold
-the plug between the wire harness and the tail of wire on the solenoid on the pilot manifold.

And I wrote I fixed it by dealing with the plug.

Well, I did, for a while. Then it came back. Slowly getting worse again.
Did a lot more hunting / digging - and, couldn't find anything else - but I was getting some odd measurements out of the solenoid when I tried to test it - especially when messing with its wires... so I replaced it. Fixed it... for a little while, again.....

Working my way back up the chain, still trying to get to the bottom of this - I finally found the problem. Well, at least another one.

IMG_20230807_183444.jpg

Was this the root cause all along? Not sure. Maybe I really did have all 3 problems.

But yea, if you have that code, look harder at the harness. This rub-thru was where the harness drops down from the control module - it was supposed to be tightly zip-tied to a bracket on the frame, about 3/4 of the way down into the guts of the machine below the drive controller. My zip tie was loose and/or never installed properly, and the harness was hanging below the bracket that was supposed to hold it. And the edge of the bracket cut right thru.

Let me tell you, finding enough space in the harness to pull that mess apart, resplice the wires, and put it all back together in the place where it was cut... not a fun job.

But hey, its fixed.... (where have I heard that before...)

/ diagnose error code 50-47 #8  
Thanks for the update. (y) Now all you need is more room to be able to repair the harness. :unsure: