DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #61  
1st picture. It's behind the spring. There will be a hose running to it. Follow the hose to the suction housing.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #62  
For starters. STOP looking at the right side. It's still NOT there.

Sit down next to the left side of the tractor, with the picture from the manual in your hand.

Face the rear of the tractor, looking where the tire was.

Hold the picture up. Note the spline for the mower PTO, at the top center of the photo. Find that spline, on your tractor. It faces the front of the tractor, on the rear end housing. To the right of that spline in the photo, note the position of the suction screen, in relation to the spline. It's in the same place on your tractor.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #63  
For starters. STOP looking at the right side. It's still NOT there.

Sit down next to the left side of the tractor, with the picture from the manual in your hand.

Face the rear of the tractor, looking where the tire was.

Hold the picture up. Note the spline for the mower PTO, at the top center of the photo. Find that spline, on your tractor. It faces the front of the tractor, on the rear end housing. To the right of that spline in the photo, note the position of the suction screen, in relation to the spline. It's in the same place on your tractor.

So when im sitting behind the tractor and looking at the rear pto, the suction screen is on the left side correct? If tou can take my picture i posted and circle the screen, that would be awesome! Rememebr this is my first tractor and all these bolts and links are brand ne to me and where they are placed.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #65  
So when im sitting behind the tractor and looking at the rear pto, the suction screen is on the left side correct? If tou can take my picture i posted and circle the screen, that would be awesome! Rememebr this is my first tractor and all these bolts and links are brand ne to me and where they are placed.

Your question seems to be which side, is the left side?

The left side, is the side to your left, when you sit in, or on, your piece of equipment, or vehicle, looking forward.

Sorry, I don't have the ability to easily circle your picture.

Follow the instructions I posed, and you will find it.

If the screen has an O-ring on the end, it doesn't need thread sealer. Just lubricate the O-ring with any oil. Any type of pipe dope will do, if it doesn't have an O-ring. I don't remember.

The chances are, the screen has little, to no debris on it. And, even if it does, it's doing it's job. Unless you turn the tractor upside down, that stuff isn't going anywhere. It will be there next time. So, if you still can't find it, you can move on.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #66  
Also while doing some work i found out that my 3pt arms dont want to go down unless i help push them.

There is no downforce, so gravity/weight is the only thing that will pull them down. In most cases the 3-pt arms should be heavy enough to do that though, but maybe not on such a small tractor. I am sure that with an implement hooked up, they drop, right?

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #67  
Your question seems to be which side, is the left side?

The left side, is the side to your left, when you sit in, or on, your piece of equipment, or vehicle, looking forward.

Sorry, I don't have the ability to easily circle your picture.

Follow the instructions I posed, and you will find it.

If the screen has an O-ring on the end, it doesn't need thread sealer. Just lubricate the O-ring with any oil. Any type of pipe dope will do, if it doesn't have an O-ring. I don't remember.

The chances are, the screen has little, to no debris on it. And, even if it does, it's doing it's job. Unless you turn the tractor upside down, that stuff isn't going anywhere. It will be there next time. So, if you still can't find it, you can move on.

When i get home ill circle what i think it is in the picture ray. Thank you for helping.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #68  
There is no downforce, so gravity/weight is the only thing that will pull them down. In most cases the 3-pt arms should be heavy enough to do that though, but maybe not on such a small tractor. I am sure that with an implement hooked up, they drop, right?

No implement is on them. Ill take a video of them. I just thought they are supposed to go up and down when i use lever.

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #69  
No implement is on them. Ill take a video of them. I just thought they are supposed to go up and down when i use lever.

After 235 hours mine still some help to lower unless an implement is on them.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ DIY 50 hour service questions - GC17xx #70  
Is the suction filter that i have circled?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 212