Do you drink your coffee black??

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #101  
The best thing about black coffee is that alcohol mixes well in it. Bailies Irish Cream comes to mind.

I find Bailey's much too "creamy" for my tastes. I used to like a splash of Grand Marnier in a cappuccino. (Technically a Monte Cristo with no rim /no whip)

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #102  
I never really drank or needed coffee til my mid 30's, I started with black and that's the only way I like it.

I have an old friend (a serious coffee connoisseur) who once I started drinking coffee, made it her mission to educate my palate. My daughters and hers were the same age and best friends so we were forever dropping our kids off or picking them up at each other's homes. Anytime I went by hers in the first half of the day she would have a travel mug ready for me of some new concoction, always sweet, horrible and tasting nothing reminiscent of coffee. I would say thanks, take a sip (trying not to grimace) and drive off to pour it out once down the road a bit.

I finally got smart and quit giving her mugs back to her figuring that would stop it:) I must have had 4 travel mugs under the seat of my truck and she meets me as I pull up with yet another cup of sweet yuck, and then never batting an eye opened my door and pulled the empties out from under my seat.

As we don't live in the same town anymore it didn't happen as often but she still tried to "convert" me, every time we were together. My wife and I went to visit them in Washington for Christmas last year and didn't get in til Christmas Eve. When she got up in the am she made coffee and hands me a big steaming mug of black coffee, we both had a big laugh over that one:)

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #103  
I don't drink coffee. Never have never will. I drink lots of unsweetened ice tea, and lots of ice water. I do like a slice of lemon in my water. Once in a very great while in winter, I will drink hot chocolate. I tried a couple of cups of coffee while I was a deputy Sheriff. I hated it then and I still do. Yeah, I know... I am a little different... Who ever heard of a police officer that doesn't drink coffee? No one ever had until I came along...

:laughing::laughing:My first partner, when I got out of the police academy, told me the first requirement to be an officer was to like coffee and have strong kidneys.:laughing: And that actually was when I first started drinking coffee, at the age of 24. We were supposedly allowed 2 coffee breaks per shift, and most officers took those breaks, but when I worked alone, I didn't; just didn't care enough about the coffee or the break back then. I didn't even own a coffee pot. But a year later, I married a gal that drank coffee from the time she got up in the morning until she went to bed at night, and now, more than 52 years later, she still does.:D And I usually have 4 big mugs of coffee first thing in the morning, and can't even remember the last time I drank any coffee after 8 a.m.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #104  
The best thing about black coffee is that alcohol mixes well in it. Bailies Irish Cream comes to mind.

I tried that once; ruins the Bailies AND the coffee. Same with bourbon; one taste was enough to last me a lifetime.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #105  
I'm a drinker of black strong sweet coffee all of my life. Few cups a day. If I'm a psychopath, it's too late to change myself into normal one in my 59 :confused3:

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #106  
coffee.jpg

So you like your coffee more "Time" than "Newsweek"?
:laughing: :laughing:

oj-simpson-time-magazine-cover-controversial-darkened1994w604.jpg

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #108  
By the way, I think the "study" about the black coffee drinkers was idiotic. We sure must have an awful lot of psychos running around.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #109  
By the way, I think the "study" about the black coffee drinkers was idiotic. We sure must have an awful lot of psychos running around.

That's it James! We were just lamenting on the Texas church shooting thread about our changed times and all the nut jobs running around and you nailed it! He// with banning guns, bombs, n trucks all we have to do is ban coffee and all will be right with the world;)

/ Do you drink your coffee black??
Rick - you think banning my coffee will solve the problem. Have you ever dealt with a psychotic wild man who's been denied his morning coffee - aint pretty. :confused2: :cool2: