Dodge ram

/ Dodge ram #141  
They just recalled a few million. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 9.10.12 AM.png

/ Dodge ram #142  
I think the recall was only 1.8 million, announced yesterday. They can come out of park unexpectedly. The Rams built January 1 or later are not affected by this latest recall.

/ Dodge ram #145  
Here's a question for you ramps guys since Dodge is part calmer which is Mercedes why don't they figure a way to put the Mercedes diesel in their own Ram 1500 - 3500 trucks and also the Durango line of trucks. Just a thought because I drove a western star tractor trailer that had the Mercedes in it. It pulled and had just as much power as the other big truck engines it's just a thought and they already have the emissions figured out for the sprinter vans so why not try a test in certain trucks and see what happens?
For the 2500-3500 trucks, its because its not a Cummins and sales would drop by at least 1/3 if their diesel truck did not have a Cummins under the hood.

Aaron Z

/ Dodge ram #146  
For the 2500-3500 trucks, its because its not a Cummins and sales would drop by at least 1/3 if their diesel truck did not have a Cummins under the hood. Aaron Z
I agree, it's the Cummins and its last connection to a US built truck that keeps them buying.

/ Dodge ram #147  

According to what heard on the news, something like 1.7 million Dodges are being recalled due to some failure that will allow the transmission to slip into gear while it's supposedly in the park position.

They recommend leaving the vehicle with the parking brake on until the repair is completed.

I think they said 2007 to 2014 but, I'm not 100% sure about the years.

This may be the recall notice, I'm not sure: 2014 Ram 1500 Recalled for Rollaway Risk | Edmunds

Rams

/ Dodge ram #148  
Which company has not recalled a few million trucks/cars before?Does toyota ring a bell?.You need some new anti-Ram material.LMAO

/ Dodge ram #149  
How many diesel company's are you familiar with, Cummins are not considered a top tier engine. For marine applications they were dead last, considered cheap throw away crap. If you think Cummins matches up against MTU it shows your experience is one brand loyal.
Quit crying about Cummins engines and just pony up the $700 bucks to get your little sonny boys truck fixed with the bad engine RMS. The real reason for all of your p$$ing and moaning about the thousands & thousands of crappy Ram trucks?Funny chit to say the least..

/ Dodge ram #150  
The recall is for:

The issue arises when the brake pedal is pressed for a long stretch while the driver is idling in park mode, disabling the brake-transmission shift interlock and then allowing the shifter to move out of park mode.

Ooooh, yeah, that seems like a disaster!! So if you sit with your foot on the brake for a long time while idling and then somehow bump the gearshift lever (on the steering column only) it may move unexpectedly. Probably will happen all the time. Not. Who gives a f? This is a lawyer problem not a real issue.

But, hey, keep up the bashing attempts. Brings us something to laugh at.

Rob