Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,901  
Here's a couple pics our trainer took of our Gypsy girl last week. We are having her trained as a service/ therapy dog.

Beautiful dog.

/ Dog pics #1,902  
Trial run to the mail box with a new to us "dog carrier".

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 6.41.33 AM.png

This girls the oldest, and is going blind and doesn't like to leave the cement parking lot at the end of our driveway. We wanted to take her on walks with us out back with the other dogs, and trying this way out.

It's always hard to know when to take a dreaded visit to the vets, but with this girl, when she stops dancing on her hind legs when it's dinner time we know it will be soon. It's also hard to tell exactly how much sight she's losing because she knows the house so well. It's only when she gets outside we can tell she's really losing it.

/ Dog pics #1,903  

View attachment 516254

This girls the oldest, and is going blind and doesn't like to leave the cement parking lot at the end of our driveway. We wanted to take her on walks with us out back with the other dogs, and trying this way out.

It's always hard to know when to take a dreaded visit to the vets, but with this girl, when she stops dancing on her hind legs when it's dinner time we know it will be soon. It's also hard to tell exactly how much sight she's losing because she knows the house so well. It's only when she gets outside we can tell she's really losing it.

Looks like you are providing the best possible life for her! We have an old guy, similar situation where we can tell he doesn't see all that well, and doesn't hear some stuff, but it is difficult to tell how bad it is. He does great on all the walks within about a mile of our house, but twice recently when we were in thick timber he became separated from us and even though we could occasionally catch a glimpse of him, he seemed unable to hear us calling. This guy is my favorite dog (ever) so it feels pretty tough.

/ Dog pics #1,904  

View attachment 516254

You can tell the quality of a person by how well they treat someone that cannot care for themselves.

/ Dog pics #1,905  
You can tell the quality of a person by how well they treat someone that cannot care for themselves.

This.

I told my 12 year old daughter that when she gets old enough to date (like around 24 :) ), to find a guy who loves his golden retriever.

Or most any other kind of doggy....

/ Dog pics #1,906  
Last September I lost my 13 year old Weimariner. It broke my heart. We were looking around but not 100% sure I was ready and I knew I could not replace my other guy by any stretch of the imagination. Then this guy popped up on a Face book page for adoption. He was about 6-7 months old and I decided to give it a shot. He has been a fantastic addition, when we got him he was a "outside" dog from the south. Not really housebroken and never seen a TV, bed, couch, his own reflection, stairs, a stove, ... nothing but a dog house and a back yard. .. he peed in the house maybe 5-6x before he learned to ring a door bell to let us know he had to go out.. and never once pooped inside.. ever. .. he has made the loss of my best friend bareable and this guy brings a smile to my face everyday.

Tom, I hope your new friend is already like "an old friend" by now. How's he doing?

/ Dog pics #1,907  
This.

I told my 12 year old daughter that when she gets old enough to date (like around 24 :) ), to find a guy who loves his golden retriever.

No better advice could be given. Dog lover are generally nice people.

Let me know how the age 24 part works out...:D

/ Dog pics #1,908  
So we ended up with a female abandoned chihuahua.

A man drove past our church about 2 months ago, opened the door of his truck, tossed her into the grass, and drove off.

She must've just gotten over a batch of puppies, and was pregnant again. She went to the shelter vet for a week or so, and we adopted her. She is fitting in just fine. I'm a large dog man, with no large dog at the moment, and I have to admit, there are advantages to having a dog that only eats about a 1/2 cup of food a day. :)

She is fitting in fine now that we have gotten her 98% housebroken. She is really bringing a lot of joy and laughs to our family with her "chihuahua-ness" You should see her lightning fast reflexes playing with a small grasshopper.

If you had told me a few months ago that I would have a chihuahua, I'd have called you a bald face liar... :)

Now it's me that has to have a little come-upence.

/ Dog pics #1,909  
This.

LOL

That's one reason why my wife fell in love with me.

On our first date, I was on the ground playing with her yellow lab. I was always a dog person, but I had moved around too often and was on the road for work that I couldn't responsibly care for a dog of my own.

After we got married, at our old place in the suburbs...

DOGS.jpg

The aussie mix on the right came in as a stray about 3 months after we got married, and the beagle mix about a month after that. All 3 are no longer with us. The girl (jack mix) in the "carrier" per my previous pic is our last dog that connects back to all of our orignial dogs. Not looking forward to that last vets "ride". Kind of an end to an era.

/ Dog pics #1,910  
Tom, I hope your new friend is already like "an old friend" by now. How's he doing?

He is a really good dog. As well behaved as a 1 year old can be expected. I still miss my other guy all the time, especially when I see pictures of him. As I type this, the new guy is by my side on the couch. Probably not knowing how much he has helped me over the past few months since we got him.