Dual Shield.

/ Dual Shield. #21  
The weld over slag I am referring to starts at 14:40. He was definitly good at the beginning, but this large gap he is filling at 1440, wouldn't that be over cold or hardened slag? When he goes in one direction the weld get dark (Cool in my eyes) and then he comes back over it.

/ Dual Shield.
I must have missed that part:confused:. I personally would never weld over slag. I've worked at places that would fire you in a New York second for doing that!:thumbdown:

/ Dual Shield. #23  
Does any ones like innershield. ? Don't care for it to much to smoke and it's a pain to get it to run right.

/ Dual Shield.
Try some Lincoln NR-212, or Hobart 21-B. Before the Northridge earthquake in California we ran a lot of the Hobart 21-B. It also runs really good on galvanized steel. I've taken numerous 1-inch thick V-butt tests, 3-G, and 4-G with 21-B. Never failed one.

Attachments

• Best.jpg
    Best.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Best 1 pass.jpg
    Best 1 pass.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 108
  • AWS Unlimited 1.jpg
    AWS Unlimited 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
   / Dual Shield.
Oh I forgot to mention. Both those welds were made with a CC only 50-year old engine drive welder, and LN-25 wire feeder. Innershield will run better on a CV welder.

Attachments

• New Hood.jpg
    New Hood.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 100
   / Dual Shield. #26  
I ran some at the job site 13 years ago the wire must of been damp we try everything that day it would not run good at all!.

/ Dual Shield.
After the Northridge earthquake all structural welding on the west coast went to T-8 wires. Like Lincoln's NR-232, NR-233, and ESAB's Coreshield 8. Those wires are a lot harder to run than T-11 wires, like NR-212, and Hobart 21-B. With the T-8 wires you cannot vary the stick out at all!

/ Dual Shield. #28  
And the wire has some pretty good specifications to it also! :thumbsup:
I think this wire would work great in the average home owners Mig welder.

Should this deal with impurities better than soild MIG wire?

/ Dual Shield. #30  
I am blaming you for making me spend more money. :D