/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #41  
/pine said:
"LoL...be careful not to get any carpet burns when you're rolling around on the floor...!

FYI there's no hate or even any animosity...I simply don't like to see people spend more money than they need to be able to accomplish their goals...

It's the "ea homies" that make me laugh..."

Yeah, it sure is laughable for guys to be loyal and supportive of a brand that supplies them with great products and service.

Here's some good chuckles for ya. Better go pee before reading! :ROFLMAO:
Travis

review collage3.jpg

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #42  
Come on - /pine. Enough is enough - cash out and move on if you don't like the thread.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #43  
Oh, well - everybody has their bad days.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #44  
I have always been somewhat curious as to where you buy your steel at and if it's imported or domestic or should I say, do you really know.

Having retired from that industry, I know where steel service centers source their materials at and how they 'fudge' the actual origin. Very easy to do today, once any steel supplier buys a master coil and processes it (level or slit or roll form the steel or any other process done here), the origin of the steel becomes blurred. Certs are translated as that blurred origin vanishes and it's replace by 'Made in America', when in fact the steel was not. Not sayin all steel is imported but a lot is and it comes from countries that sell it the cheapest.

The outfit I retired from not only purchased domestic steel but steel worldwide and I hauled a lot of it. It was all labelled 'Made in America' no matter what, when it was actually offshore material processed here.

Very few manufactures can buy direct,. not even the automotive buys direct, they all buy from various steel service centers. The only one I know of was Thyssen Krupp. They imported 100% of the cabinet grade (exterior component steel) from their German mill and levelled the coils and flat rolled them for GM and to a lesser extent, Fords.

You like to blow the horn about 'Made in America by American workers and that is all well and good and I applaud you for that but, where your materials are originating at is the question.

Every manufacturer buys on price, you do as well, but do you know where the material originated at? I don't believe you do.

Not all steel is created equal by a long shot.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #45  
I have always been somewhat curious as to where you buy your steel at and if it's imported or domestic or should I say, do you really know.

Having retired from that industry, I know where steel service centers source their materials at and how they 'fudge' the actual origin. Very easy to do today, once any steel supplier buys a master coil and processes it (level or slit or roll form the steel or any other process done here), the origin of the steel becomes blurred. Certs are translated as that blurred origin vanishes and it's replace by 'Made in America', when in fact the steel was not. Not sayin all steel is imported but a lot is and it comes from countries that sell it the cheapest.

The outfit I retired from not only purchased domestic steel but steel worldwide and I hauled a lot of it. It was all labelled 'Made in America' no matter what, when it was actually offshore material processed here.

Very few manufactures can buy direct,. not even the automotive buys direct, they all buy from various steel service centers. The only one I know of was Thyssen Krupp. They imported 100% of the cabinet grade (exterior component steel) from their German mill and levelled the coils and flat rolled them for GM and to a lesser extent, Fords.

You like to blow the horn about 'Made in America by American workers and that is all well and good and I applaud you for that but, where your materials are originating at is the question.

Every manufacturer buys on price, you do as well, but do you know where the material originated at? I don't believe you do.

Not all steel is created equal by a long shot.

Yeah, we do pay the highest of attention when it comes to steel type and sourcing.

Also, we've incorporated Hardox into many of our attachments, which is the strongest, most premium steel used in the industry.
Travis

20200305_143413s.jpg

20200305_143657s.jpg

20200305_143708s.jpg

You'll not find anything this substantial on any other grapple in the industry. Most manufacturers cap theirs off to hide the material. We proudly let ours shine!

20200409_072435s.jpg

20190513_173018s.jpg

Hardox rails on ALL of our pallet fork frames, and each top rail is beveled in our Haas mill, to allow the tines to slide easier.

20201217_084511s.jpg

HardoxInMyBodys.jpg

hardoxxxxs.jpg

AR450pics.jpg

I hope this helps.
Travis

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #46  
Take a stroll through the factory with me, and even get a little peek at our new one!
Travis

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #47  
A thumb type grapple on an FEL bucket works great for moving logs...
In fact...most of the "grapple" work depicted in pictures posted to TBN can be accomplished with a thumb type grapple at much less the cost of a clam shell type grapple...

Looks nice but would definitely need more protection for that hose on the cylinder when working with logs or brush. I also wonder how much of an annoyance it would be when mounted to the FEL bucket while trying to do dirt or small stone work..

It is probably cheaper to get this set up and find a used FEL bucket as something for strictly bucket work.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #48  
OP,

I neither love or hate the EA stuff. I think it is better stuff but for me the higher cost is not worth it. When I bought my MTL it was about 1/2 the price IIRC. But I am a hobby user.

If you will use the grapple hard and put a lot of hours on it, the premium is likely worth it. Get the EA and be happy.

I do not use mine to take down trees (as shown in the video of the HI that got bent up). I have 40 hp and a smaller tractor so somewhat limited to how much abuse I can do.

We see warnings about not using a FEL like a bulldozer as doing so can damage the cylinders and then expect to push over 10" trees with a grapple.

BTW, I am looking at getting the EA back blade but it seems the premium for it is not bad.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #49  
BTW, I am looking at getting the EA back blade but it seems the premium for it is not bad.
I ordered my box blade from EA (took about 4 months). I needed something heavy for my tractor and the only options I found were EA and Gannon. EA was the cheaper one to go with. I got their 96" xtreme box blade. Gannon had some nice options but I couldn't justify the extra cost.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #50  
Looks nice but would definitely need more protection for that hose on the cylinder when working with logs or brush. I also wonder how much of an annoyance it would be when mounted to the FEL bucket while trying to do dirt or small stone work..

It is probably cheaper to get this set up and find a used FEL bucket as something for strictly bucket work.
The whole grapple comes off with a couple of pins and QD's... only the mounting bar remains on the bucket...
FWIW...I have a DIY version I fabricated with mostly what I had on hand...I have a B series tractor (1700D) and I have picked up piles of brush literally bigger than my tractor including FEL and attached box blade...
I've loaded 12' logs in diameters up to what the FEL would lift onto both trailers and our sawmill...