/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #61  
Yes, if I had that grapple, I wouldn't be doing such as that.

WE do such as that with Wicked, and so do our customers!
Travis

Example 1

Example 2 Crazy? yes. Proven? Most definitely.

I understand its bad for the loader hydraulics to pull on a tree with a grapple, but is pushing a tree with the lower tines of a grapple basically the same as pushing a tree with a bucket? Any danger to the loader hydraulics for this type of maneuver? Thanks.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements
I understand its bad for the loader hydraulics to pull on a tree with a grapple, but is pushing a tree with the lower tines of a grapple basically the same as pushing a tree with a bucket? Any danger to the loader hydraulics for this type of maneuver? Thanks.
I think so. If you can keep the bucket low and push it might not be that bad but then you don't get much leverage. You have to lift the bucket which extends the hydraulics and makes them vulnerable. At least that is how I understand it.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #63  
IMG_2633.jpg

I have had my Homestead root grapple for almost 2 years, and I've working the jeebuz out of it. Mine is an earlier edition, now the horizontal beams are even beefier. They have been made from Hardox 450 from the getgo to get a light grapple.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #64  

It's all about the angle of approach. Longer tines, or more forward aimed short tines, are rougher on the loader and loader cylinders because in order to dig/pry/grub at the best angle, it requires you to dump it down, which extends your loader cylinders. Extended loader cylinders are most vulnerable to damage.

Notice how our Wicked grapple rake tines are angled. Not much dumping at all is required to achieve an optimal pushing, asphalt ripping angle of attack!

20210521_084505es.jpg

DSC_2463s.jpg

Despite many changes/enhancements over the years, we kept the same lower tine angle. #DemandTheBest
Travis

It's all about the angle of approach. Longer tines, or more forward aimed short tines, are rougher on the loader and loader cylinders because in order to dig/pry/grub at the best angle, it requires you to dump it down, which extends your loader cylinders. Extended loader cylinders are most vulnerable to damage.

Notice how our Wicked grapple rake tines are angled. Not much dumping at all is required to achieve an optimal pushing, asphalt ripping angle of attack!

View attachment 757009

View attachment 757010

Despite many changes/enhancements over the years, we kept the same lower tine angle. #DemandTheBest
Travis
Well, if that first picture isn't staged I don't know what is. Somebody dumped a pile of asphalt in an open field and snapped a shot thinking no one would notice.

Well, if that first picture isn't staged I don't know what is. Somebody dumped a pile of asphalt in an open field and snapped a shot thinking no one would notice.
I will say I kind of like the raw look of the unpainted grapple. If it weren't for rust I'd prefer to have mine that way. At a discount of course. Paint and labor savings. ;)

View attachment 757008

I have had my Homestead root grapple for almost 2 years, and I've working the jeebuz out of it. Mine is an earlier edition, now the horizontal beams are even beefier. They have been made from Hardox 450 from the getgo to get a light grapple.
Pinnacle series? Define "working the jeebuz out of it." I find people's definitions very subjective.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #68  
Nah, not staged, dude! I'll look for the video footage. lol
Travis

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #69  

While I'm looking, and the subject is asphalt, here's what happens when another Wicked attachment met some.. :ROFLMAO:
Travis

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #70  
I will say I kind of like the raw look of the unpainted grapple. If it weren't for rust I'd prefer to have mine that way. At a discount of course. Paint and labor savings. ;)

Guys have begged for nekkid Wickedness for years!!
Travis

nekkidees.jpg