Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader
Curl your bucket all the way back.
Lower it to the ground and float it.
Dump the bucket forward and watch the rear edge.
It should move forward in a smooth motion until the teeth/leading edge of the bucket hit the ground. At that point, the bottom flat surface of the bucket should be flat on the ground, and the rear of the bucket will change direction of travel and start to lift.
Back it up a bit and your bucket is now level to the ground it's on.

I do this already. It’s not perfect though, and it requires flat ground. I’m working on hills.

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #582  
I do this already. It’s not perfect though, and it requires flat ground. I’m working on hills.
Even a bucket level indicator only tells you what the angle of the bucket is relevant to the tractor, not the ground beneath it.

It's the best technique I can come up with other than a side-view camera.

My son and I went up today and put the tilt cylinder on, no leaks. Once we tightened the fitting on the back of the gland, forgot to do that before.

Then we unpinned the bucket and went to the grapple. We don’t have pins compatible with the grapple, so we thought we’d just cycle the clamp cylinders. Then refill the tank. The diverter valve didn’t work though, I checked the wires on the valve itself and they looked undisturbed. I pulled the seat to check the controller’s connection to power, in doing that I disconnected the hot wire and it grounded out. Oops! Then when I went to move the loader back to the bucket, there was no drive. Nothing. Is there an electric component to it that might have been damaged when the wire grounded? I don’t know what else could have happened, coincidence doesn’t seem likely. It was working fine.

9D92006D-E57E-438A-AC14-EB941E8E560F.jpeg

This is after it rolled forward, its too far forward here to pin it. You still can get an idea of how it’ll look.
0FB33F3A-6380-4034-9CD2-B2B784BF01B1.jpeg

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #586  
I had a Terex 640 skiploader. Ran it on my place for about 14 yrs. It was a beast. They are built stout.

/ Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader #588  
Yes with a 4 way bucket. Terex makes mining equipment. Everything is super heavy duty

What material do I need for pins to hold the grapple on the loader? They’re 1.75” diameter. Two need to be 7” long, and two at 9” long. They’ll need a tab with a hole welded on one end, and grease channel/zerk holes.