Should stir up your electrolyte good!

/ Electric Polaris Ranger
This is the largest load of brush so far! :thumbsup:

P5310002.JPG

P5310005.JPG

P5310018.JPG

P5310019.JPG

LOL!!! I love it! Glad to see you're getting some use out of it and having fun at the same time. What's the story? General clean up?

Yep, had some high wind gusts with thunder storms lately. Lots of dead branches broke off of the oak trees in the woods close to the house.

After 4 years of almost daily use, the deep cycle lead acid batteries were getting weak.

After some research I ordered the 8 kWh Lithium Ion conversion kit from: Voltronix

Here are the original batteries, under the seat:

Left side.

P6280026.JPG

Right side.

P6280030.JPG

Removed the side panel.

P3270037.JPG

Removed the batteries.

P4030014 R.JPG

Removed the battery trays and washed it out.

P7020011.JPG

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #86  
I was considering this before we bought our Gravely Atlas. I looked at an EV Ranger but we wanted the bigger bed size and carrying capacity. Can't wait to hear your experience with the conversion.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #87  
Just out of curiosity do you know what the specs are on the electric motor for your EV? I gave my land pride treker I had to my dad and it's having motor issues. Wondering how hard it would be to just convert it from Gas to Electric if we have to replace the motor? That would work way better for what they use it for anyway.

It uses a CVT Clutch drive system and the current motor puts out 1250-1350 rpm at idle and 3800-4000rpm max. So I am thinking if I could find an electric motor that we could put in the same spot as the gas motor that has similar RPM capabilities we could make it work with the existing drive system. It's got plenty of space for batteries under the seat similar to the EV Ranger so I think I could put the batteries in.

I am sure someone has done similar conversions but I am not real familiar with electric motors or the type we would need for this type of conversion.

Yep, the specs are 30 horsepower, 3 phase AC, powered from a 48 volt DC Sevcon 650 amp motor controller.

There is a used motor and differential on eBay now:

evm.JPG

This is the motor in the EV, under the dump bed:

PolarisRANGER-EV-12.jpg

I have no idea what the motor controller and a 48V battery charger would cost, but I know that I would not try the conversion with Ranger EV parts. :thumbdown:

Re: Electric Polaris Ranger, Ordered The Voltronix USA 160Ah Lithium Ion Kit

Beaver Freight delivered the conversion kit today. :D

Used the V417 to unload it.

P7260001.JPG

They added 1/4" plywood to the skid to make a sturdy shipping crate.

P7260002.JPG

The battery rack modules are bolted to the skid and everything else is bubble wrapped and in custom cut cardboard boxes.

P7260007.JPG

This is the battery charger.

P7260008.JPG

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #90  
Very cool, should see a significant weight drop from the deep cycle(assuming same capacity).

Not sure what the charger setup is on those but generally it's a good idea to keep them at about 90% charge or less if you're not going to be driving it immediately. LiIon doesn't like 100% charge or < 10% charge for more than a short period of time.

Do keep us updated, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.