fence post/tree/shrub puller

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #11  
I have the titan post puller but I bought a 3 point to quick attach adapter, my 3 point has lots more lift power than my FEL. That also lets me leave the brush grapple on fel to pile up the brush. Hydraulic top link helps with positioning and also pulling.

I built my puller so it could be used either way. Better useability. :)

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #12  
I need one that closes tight. I got lots of barberry to pull. Can't be a gap between the jaws.

I think you're more likely to have the opposite problem. The jaw plate steel is comparatively thin. Shearing may be a problem. :confused3:

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #13  
This is what I use. Built by martatch. I find with poplar up to about 5" I can shear them right off, but with willow I can close the jaws tight and pull them without shearing.
I cut the global/euro quick attach off since this pic was taken and welded on a ssqa plate. image.jpegimage.jpeg

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #14  
I built my puller so it could be used either way. Better useability. :)

I'm VERY interested in your setup, being that it can be used on both ends. Can you share more about it? Did you built it from scratch? What's your lifting capacity at both ends and what's the biggest you have pulled out?

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #15  
I have a similar application / need to remove yaupon bushes growing around bases of oak trees. I looked so the Titan but, ended up buying the Skid Pro post / tree puller.

Skid Steer Tree Puller For Sale | Skid Pro Attachments

It works well on larger yaupon but tends to shear the under 1" ones.

Did use it to pull a bunch of cedar posts and it's great for that.

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #16  
   / fence post/tree/shrub puller #17  
That is the one I have from titan. Works great.

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #18  
This is what I use. Built by martatch. I find with poplar up to about 5" I can shear them right off, but with willow I can close the jaws tight and pull them without shearing.

That's how mine is too. Need a "soft" bite on smaller trees and/or a dead one. Stringy scrub brush is resilient enough to let me grip it tight and pull it without shearing.

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #19  
I'm VERY interested in your setup, being that it can be used on both ends. Can you share more about it? Did you built it from scratch? What's your lifting capacity at both ends and what's the biggest you have pulled out?

Built from scratch using materials onhand. Frame is overkilled but didn't have enough smaller sized square tube. I'm guessing my FEL capacity is 3000lb. 3pt capacity on the Kubota is insane, 7000lb or so. 3pt capacity on the Ford is limited by the ability to keep the front tires on the ground.

Size of trees that can be pulled is totally reliant on tree variety. I can pull some very large Red Cedar. Elm on the other hand are very hard to pull so size diminishes.

If pulling a lot of trees I like it on the 3pt better. Easier to see and get ahold of trees.

Best scenario is Grapple on the FEL, puller on the 3pt. Pull several, then Grapple them to the brush pile. Then repeat.

DSC04718.JPG

DSC04723.JPG

DSC04725.JPG

20160223_155232 (1280x720).jpg

20160223_155242 (1280x720).jpg

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #20  
Built from scratch using materials onhand. Frame is overkilled but didn't have enough smaller sized square tube. I'm guessing my FEL capacity is 3000lb. 3pt capacity on the Kubota is insane, 7000lb or so. 3pt capacity on the Ford is limited by the ability to keep the front tires on the ground.

Size of trees that can be pulled is totally reliant on tree variety. I can pull some very large Red Cedar. Elm on the other hand are very hard to pull so size diminishes.

If pulling a lot of trees I like it on the 3pt better. Easier to see and get ahold of trees.

Best scenario is Grapple on the FEL, puller on the 3pt. Pull several, then Grapple them to the brush pile. Then repeat.

View attachment 495741

View attachment 495742

View attachment 495743

View attachment 495744

View attachment 495745

Nicely done!