fence post/tree/shrub puller

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller #31  
I'd really like to know if they can be pulled successfully with the titan tree puller. Could be the stems would be sheard off, or the stems would just slip through the joints.

I've been using my Titan tree puller for small stem plants like Chinese privet "hedge"as we call it. Most of the time it works even on super small maybe 1/2" stuff because the teeth are 1" thick and no gaps when closed. I do have to pull straight up instead of driving forward or backwards as I do with larger trees.

The way to do stuff that might shear easily is to point the tip of the puller down about 30* and drop it on the ground and let it dig in just under ground level before pinching as if trying to grab the roots maybe even grabbing a little dirt with it. Most anything small can be pulled with this method.

I know you didn't ask but larger stuff is grasp at least 2' off the ground, usually more, and "rock" the roots loose before pulling up and driving forward or backwards if it's against a fence or building.

Mine is used on a skidsteer and it's easier to see the tips of the tool than it would be on a FEL of a tractor but after using it a little your judgement of the tip will become almost automatic. It's a small learning curve to operate it since if you pull at something one way and it doesn't work just back up and try it another way. :)

As for quality I'm sure you could pay more and get a better tool but mine does a fine job and will hold up to whatever my skidsteer will do. Of course I don't try to break it just to see but it's built heavy enough.

With all that said we don't have Jap Barberry as far as I know and couldn't tell you for sure if it'll work or not but I would say yes it will.

/ fence post/tree/shrub puller
Thanks Steave, very helpful