Filter wrenches.

/ Filter wrenches. #1  

Krazi

Tractor
Kioti CS 2220
CS 2220 coming up on my 50 hr service. Looking for ideas on filter wrenches. The oil filter looks to be in a tight place. Didn't look like my car filter wrench would work. HST filters don't look as problematic

/ Filter wrenches. #2  
When I did mine, I used a strap wrench but the first time it was on there extremely tight from the factory.

/ Filter wrenches. #3  
I use this style (one i have is a little different).

I can set it in place (grip the filter) in tight spots with my fingers, and then put the socket wrench in to loosen it.

7E440EFA-DEDC-4B9B-AFAB-95302A97BBB3.png

/ Filter wrenches. #4  
For the first oil change the filters may be painted along with the tractor. You may need to cut around the edge with a sharp knife so the paint isn't holding the filter. To remove filters I just use a plumbing type strap wrench. Mine is by Rigid but the Harbor Freight ones will do the job. Lowe's, Ace, and Home Depot are all options as is any auto parts store. Amazon has quite an assortment, too.
Amazon.com : strap wrench

/ Filter wrenches. #5  
I have used this one: Filter Wrench
I have used every strap wrench, every object calling themselves a filter wrench, and even a homemade wrench called a screwdriver-through-filter wrench. But those channel lock style wrenches work the absolute best!

/ Filter wrenches. #6  
I forget how many filter wrenches/sockets I have now. They pliers work the best when there is room. My chain wrench will get hold and not slip but you need room to work. The different sockets are nice when access is restricted. I should have something for almost every case at this point, knock on wood.

/ Filter wrenches. #7  
When I had [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] L2800 it was bugger to getting filter of for the first time...pipe wrench work the best. (y)

/ Filter wrenches. #8  
I am sold on this type of strap wrench. It has worked on every filter that I have attacked. With the assistance of a cheater pipe or 1/2" drive ratchet, it has removed even those that the strap crushed, which helped break the seal of the filter. Good luck
100_0757.JPG

/ Filter wrenches.
A couple of these I have never seen

/ Filter wrenches. #10