Filter wrenches.

/ Filter wrenches. #11  
This is what I ended up getting to work.

I tried a strap wrench and big socket style and neither worked to break it loose. My biggest issue was breaking torque and the Channel lock wrench has 15 inches of leverage. Plus made in the USA.

/ Filter wrenches. #12  
I have a collection of filter wrenches also. My go-to's are a regular steel strap wrench, and a chain wrench.
Since this is the op's 50h service, it bears repeating what @Roadworthy recommends in running a knife around the filter base if it's painted over. That thin layer of paint can really create difficulties. If the filters were not painted on, then they are almost certainly installed by the company gorilla at the factory.

One additional method not mentioned (applies more to the hydraulic filters) is getting a punch or chisel on the slotted base and tapping the filter loose. Air hammers work great if there is enough room.

/ Filter wrenches. #14  
1673441889132.png

/ Filter wrenches. #17  
I am sold on this type of strap wrench. It has worked on every filter that I have attacked. With the assistance of a cheater pipe or 1/2" drive ratchet, it has removed even those that the strap crushed, which helped break the seal of the filter. Good luckView attachment 778679
i agree on this style. I carry 2 on my service truck for generators. Work every time.

/ Filter wrenches. #19  
The biggest Burly guy that worked at the factory probably put it on with both hands and a breaker bar so whatever you get make sure it's something sturdy

/ Filter wrenches. #20  
I am sold on this type of strap wrench. It has worked on every filter that I have attacked. With the assistance of a cheater pipe or 1/2" drive ratchet, it has removed even those that the strap crushed, which helped break the seal of the filter. Good luckView attachment 778679
I DIY'd a similar setup for my Mitsubishi K3 engine.
It is so tight in the filter area that nothing slips in there.
I use a length of seat belt and vice grips.
Wrap the belt and grip with vice grips and presto.