Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve #21  
I suspect that a kit may apply to many of the shibaura compact size tractors. I'd definitely be interested. Interesting that I think the kit cost $500 when I bought my TC33Da in 2004. I think new holland wants $1800 for it how. Wow! Just to confirm, I looked at how much a kit for one of their newer tractors cost, it was around $600. I can't imagine the rationale.

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve #22  
I suspect that a kit may apply to many of the shibaura compact size tractors. I'd definitely be interested. Interesting that I think the kit cost $500 when I bought my TC33Da in 2004. I think new holland wants $1800 for it how. Wow! Just to confirm, I looked at how much a kit for one of their newer tractors cost, it was around $600. I can't imagine the rationale.
Although I agree there's a certain measure of gouging, I would assume that part of the cost difference is paying for the engineering and design. Reproducing something aftermarket from an existing design is always going to be cheaper than starting from scratch with r&d and testing.
Off topic but related: It's a similar scenario with a brand new drug costing on average several hundred million dollars to go from concept to FDA approval with all of the r&d trials and regulatory hoops designed to keep the population safe. That company has a limited time before patent expiration to recoup their initial investment plus make a profit for their shareholders. And yes just like tractor companies there's a certain amount of gouging that goes in to this some companies worse than others. The generic company that comes along later after patent expiration only has to duplicate the drug compound and show that their compound is identical to the original patented one.

I for one am very interested in those remote kits and I'm signing up for a dual kit

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve
Yeah I think this should fit quite a few models. I looked up the cover plate (SBA344881130) and it looks to fit ~80 models. The handle location may be different, but the rest should fit fine. When I originally developed the adapter for the 1710 it was easy since I have the tractor to reference and test out on. It's a little trickier to develop the adapter without the tractor.

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve #24  
Yeah I think this should fit quite a few models. I looked up the cover plate (SBA344881130) and it looks to fit ~80 models. The handle location may be different, but the rest should fit fine. When I originally developed the adapter for the 1710 it was easy since I have the tractor to reference and test out on. It's a little trickier to develop the adapter without the tractor.
It shows that the TC45 uses SBA344881130.

Can you stack three valves on it?

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve #26  
what valve were you using for your kit? Also, is there a solenoid variant for that valve? Would simplify fabrication to just a 3way toggle switch mounted somewhere. Any thoughts? thanks.

what valve were you using for your kit? Also, is there a solenoid variant for that valve? Would simplify fabrication to just a 3way toggle switch mounted somewhere. Any thoughts? thanks.
I use the Prince SV series valves. There is a solenoid version, but it adds about $350 to the cost of each valve. The other downside of the solenoid valves it that they aren't proportional, so flip the switch and it's full on. You'd lose the ability to feather the valve.

/ Ford New Holland 1720 (and others) Rear Remote Valve #28  
Looking for a rear remote kit for a Ford 2120. I know the handle might be different but I can make that work. Dont know if you ever got kits make for the 1720/1920's. If so can you send me message and price. jonnyb278 at yahoo dot com Thanks, Mike

UPDATE:
I've been working through a pretty large backlog on both CNC machines, and have a bunch of urgent engineering consulting/design to get done. But, I've made progress on the adapters and handles. I made a few updates to the adapter to make the oring installation easier, and also have a preliminary handle design (for the 1720 at least) based on SJ83's handles. The dual valve handles are a bit tricky, but I should have a good starting point. I did get the first updated adapter set machined last night and it looks good, so I'll be running ~10 more sets shortly.

1678051715262.png
1678051117677.png

I finally got a batch of adapters machined and the prototype 1720 handle set completed. I think the handles turned out nicely, just a matter of whether they fit correctly or not.

1681139838892.png

1681139873745.png