Found this on the ground ???

/ Found this on the ground ??? #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
Greetings everyone,

My first post and of course, it comes with a question.

I just bought a used tractor with 80 hours on the clock.

(Mehindra 2638 with FEL and backhoe)

After adding 4 hours on it, I found this on the ground and hoping someone will know what it is.
It's about 10" long. Opposite end has internal threads and hoping it is something for the 3 pont hitch.

1624926970842.png

Just a note about how i came to this sight.

I have some land, Covid-forced-retirememt, and needed something to keep me busy.

I know just enough to know the old saying, "He who is self-taught, has a fool for a master". So I have been reading posts on this site for a couple of weeks now.

I have operated a skid steer and a backhoe but very limited. So I am moving slow as I get to know how it all works. I pushed a couple of tree tops down a slop (10 degrees and moves the logs to one side), cleared some small brush and samplings in a 7 x 30 ft area to try out the backhoe. I finished by digging on a slop with the hopes of making a temp. flat surface for my RV to sit while I play, I mean work.

Thanks to the many who have shared info here for others to follow and learn.

Root Cause

/ Found this on the ground ??? #2  
It is part of a 3 point hitch... most likely an adjustable side tilt link...

/ Found this on the ground ??? #4  
Isn't there a link missing on one of your 3-point arms? On mine, that would be the adjustment link on the right hand 3-point hitch arm. Looks like you lost the pin that holds it in place at the top (or bottom). What's the matching hardware that's still attached to the tractor look like?

/ Found this on the ground ??? #5  
You are fortunate to have found that item. Could be hard to find and expensive.

By-the-way Welcome to TBN and the forum.

/ Found this on the ground ??? #6  
correct, probably slipped past the threading

Welcome to the TBN forums, glad to have you join us

/ Found this on the ground ???
Wow, thanks all.

I will look closer in the morning to see if I can find where this belongs and take picture.

I have not used the 3 point hitch and don't know if/when I will. But I certainly don't want to lose parts as I bump along fat and happy!

I don't know if anything else came off. I will bring metal detector next time and cover the area. For now, I guess I better keep an eye out for something else.

Thanks again everyone and I am excited to a part of this forum. Lots to learn for sure.

/ Found this on the ground ??? #9  
Before you move your tractor again, take a picture of the rear view and post it. That will allow us to check and tell you if anything else looks out of sorts.

/ Found this on the ground ??? #10  
Congratulations and welcome to TBN!