Front axle Dipstick

/ Front axle Dipstick #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
XR3135H. Does anyone know for certain how to read the front axle dipstick? From the screwed in position or the unscrewed position? These manuals are about as clear as mud an it could make a big difference. Thanks

/ Front axle Dipstick #2  
I read all dipsticks from the screwed in point. That is what I would do. I would rather have too much than not enough oil.

/ Front axle Dipstick
I read all dipsticks from the screwed in point. That is what I would do. I would rather have too much than not enough oil.
Thank you. That makes sense.

/ Front axle Dipstick #4  
Except if you read a dipstick being screwed all the way in that is meant to be rested on top- it will read higher than it should...That being said, my axle is read from the screwed in position.

/ Front axle Dipstick
Except if you read a dipstick being screwed all the way in that is meant to be rested on top- it will read higher than it should...That being said, my axle is read from the screwed in position.
Agreed. I just wish manuals would spell things out more clearly. Foreign made product manuals lose so much in translation.

/ Front axle Dipstick #6  
I have a fill plug and check level plug. Fill until oil is coming out the check level plug hole. The fill plug also has a dipstick. When the front axle is full - the fill plug must be screwed all the way in to get a full reading on the dipstick.

/ Front axle Dipstick
I have a fill plug and check level plug. Fill until oil is coming out the check level plug hole. The fill plug also has a dipstick. When the front axle is full - the fill plug must be screwed all the way in to get a full reading on the dipstick.
Greetings oosik. Both my fill port/vent and dipstick port are both on the top of the axle and at the same level. The dipstick is about 6" long. I do think I'll take my readings from the screwed in dipstick.

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_184710_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20210710_184710_hdr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
   / Front axle Dipstick #8  
I agree as well. Sometimes I am a little dyslexic. Lol

However, I have never seen a dipstick that you were not supposed to read with it all the way in. Might exist somewhere I guess.

/ Front axle Dipstick #9  
My LS book said to check from the screwed down position.

/ Front axle Dipstick #10  
Screwed in or out, makes like a 1/2" difference. Will the extra fluid from filling it out with the screwed out dipstick make the difference? Probably not.

Me, personally, check it with the dipstick screwed out. It mean it will get a bit more fluid but I also work on hills, so that's probably for the best.