Gas cans - really

/ Gas cans - really #81  
EZ-pour shows you how badly we STILL need a good solution. I would love any can that will pour slowly if I want it slow, and fast if I want it fast. How can this be so difficult?
The No-spill cans can do that.
I replaced all my gas cans with the No-spill cans. By far the nicest working cans I have used. (available for diesel also)
Pour fast, slow or instantly stop with the button.
No-Spill Gas Can - For Life Out Here

Last edited:
   / Gas cans - really #82  
In reading about this, I'm a tad confused. Galvanized cans have been around since long before WWII and now they've become bad for diesel fuel??? Of course fuels and cans have been changed over the years. Nonetheless the Justrite cans we use are galvanized.

No diesel motors were harmed while writing this....

I thought diesel fuel and galvanized cans was a no no?

/ Gas cans - really #83  
No,,,,, I think they're referring to if you have to weld it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Gas cans - really #84  
The No-spill cans can do that.
I replaced all my gas cans with the No-spill cans. By far the nicest working cans I have used. (available for diesel also)
Pour fast, slow or instantly stop with the button.
No-Spill Gas Can - For Life Out Here
IMG_1310.JPGyou can get a extended spout also.

/ Gas cans - really #85  
In reading about this, I'm a tad confused. Galvanized cans have been around since long before WWII and now they've become bad for diesel fuel??? Of course fuels and cans have been changed over the years. Nonetheless the Justrite cans we use are galvanized.

No diesel motors were harmed while writing this....

I've read that diesel can leach zinc from galvanizing which can then mess up some types of injectors and pumps.

It probably isn't an issue if you don't let the fuel sit in the can for long periods but some JD folks have reported their owners manuals specifically state not to use galv. cans.

/ Gas cans - really #86  
You can't buy a can without the "safety" features anymore. What you can do is to buy the can, and then buy a new spout which does not have the safety features.

Here's one of those: EZ-Pour HI-FLO Replacement Spout Kit 3��51 by Ez-pour for $9.99 in Fuel Transfer - Lube Equipment - Air Compressors - Automotive : Rural King

I have found one of the newfangled cans which actually works quite well. Just push the pour spout down and the fuel glug-glugs its way into the tank. It's not as fast as the old-fashioned cans with their vents, but it's far better than anything else I've tried. One big benefit is that it keeps debris and bugs from crawling down the spout, as it seals right at the opening by spring action. To me, that benefit is worth the hassle of the glug-glug. I don't know the brand of it, though....

Remember, moisture is your enemy. Keep it out of your fuel.

As for plastic cans.... well, rust in your fuel is no fun, either. Plastic doesn't rust.
I have done two cans. I forgot how fast they can pour.

Sad that we have to spend 10 bucks.

/ Gas cans - really #87  
I thought diesel fuel and galvanized cans was a no no?

Huge no no.

I've read that diesel can leach zinc from galvanizing which can then mess up some types of injectors and pumps.

It probably isn't an issue if you don't let the fuel sit in the can for long periods but some JD folks have reported their owners manuals specifically state not to use galv. cans.

That is correct, although it's not "leaching" -- it's the sulfur reacting with the zinc.

/ Gas cans - really #88  
That is correct, although it's not "leaching" -- it's the sulfur reacting with the zinc.

So if one is using ultra-low sulfur fuel vs. the higher sulfur content off-road diesel, that may make a big difference as to how the galvanized fuel container reacts?

/ Gas cans - really #89  
I'm getting the metal can - no more plastic.

I cannot believe that people are saying that plastic fuel containers are great, I'm 50 years old and I'm sick of everything being made out of plastic, it cracks, leaks, breaks, expands. Can people honestly say that plastic is good, every consumer product that is made out of plastic fails, and we the consumer keep getting ripped off. I can't tell you how many household items I throw in the trash every year that's made out of plastic that fails. These Just rite containers work perfect, I just filled up three today, and had them in back of my jeep and they did not leak one drop and I could not smell any fumes, and they pour perfect and you can control the flow. So please, enough with the plastic is great stories, I'm not buying it.

/ Gas cans - really #90  
I cannot believe that people are saying that plastic fuel containers are great, I'm 50 years old and I'm sick of everything being made out of plastic, it cracks, leaks, breaks, expands. Can people honestly say that plastic is good, every consumer product that is made out of plastic fails, and we the consumer keep getting ripped off. I can't tell you how many household items I throw in the trash every year that's made out of plastic that fails. These Just rite containers work perfect, I just filled up three today, and had them in back of my jeep and they did not leak one drop and I could not smell any fumes, and they pour perfect and you can control the flow. So please, enough with the plastic is great stories, I'm not buying it.

I'm sure there's plenty of folks here on TBN that can tell you they had metal cans fail. I've had several fail. So did my father. I still have my father's plastic cans. And I still have my plastic cans. To each his own, but no need to be rude about it.