GC Engine Oil Question

/ GC Engine Oil Question #31  
OK, I'll admit I'm lazy ... other than coolant losses here & there when I've added, I've never changed my coolant.

/ GC Engine Oil Question #32  
OK, I'll admit I'm lazy ... other than coolant losses here & there when I've added, I've never changed my coolant.
Or the battery!!!

/ GC Engine Oil Question #33  
So dudes, you convinced me to switch over to 5w40 for this oil change coming up. So educate this here dummy, what's the downside to 5w40 rotella in summertime, none right? And any issue mixing it with 15w40 I have left over, come next oil change in spring/summer?

Also right quick, are you all changing your coolant every year regardless of hrs put on it? I put in the hd extended life stuff last fall.
5w40 will be the same viscosity at operating temperature as 15w40. It is just thinner at startup.

Coolant is typically good for 6 to 10 years. Ten years on virtually all vehicles now. Next year is the 10th on my diesel generator. Time for coolant and all filter and oil change to 0w30 M1 ESP like is in the JD.

/ GC Engine Oil Question #34  
5w40 will be the same viscosity at operating temperature as 15w40. It is just thinner at startup.

Coolant is typically good for 6 to 10 years. Ten years on virtually all vehicles now. Next year is the 10th on my diesel generator. Time for coolant and all filter and oil change to 0w30 M1 ESP like is in the JD.
So if I mix those 2 together, do I get 10w40?

I figured it would be overkill changing the coolant after a year...it's not as though I'm on the tractor every day.

/ GC Engine Oil Question #35  
Ha-ha! Yes, Ray, you're right -- still going on the original battery! (Hey, I may be cheap... but I'm CHEAP!) :)

/ GC Engine Oil Question #36  
So if I mix those 2 together, do I get 10w40?

I figured it would be overkill changing the coolant after a year...it's not as though I'm on the tractor every day.
Probably. Doesn't mix linearly but won't be too far off.

/ GC Engine Oil Question #38  
Ha-ha! Yes, Ray, you're right -- still going on the original battery! (Hey, I may be cheap... but I'm CHEAP!) :)
Mine's still original as well.

/ GC Engine Oil Question #39  
MF wants the coolant changed annually. Yet, they didn't give you a good way to easily do it.

I really don't see any reason to replace it annually either. Perhaps if you put a ton of hours on it?

My tractor is retired. As in, I put less than 10 hours on it this year. It's really hard to get motivated to do a lot of heavy maintenance with that few hours. I am familiar with the arguments for doing it anyway.

Honestly, I probably won't even change the oil this year.

I'm on Battery number 3.

It STILL has the original fuel filter though!!

/ GC Engine Oil Question #40  
I just recently changed the 2025R's fuel filter at the specified 400 hours. Going to multiple years on oil. Went 6 years on coolant. Should have gone 10 like on the Isuzu diesel generator.