Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,021  
Good morning, low temp is 15 and the high will be about 19°F. Wind W 2 mph. About an inch of snow coming today.
Tonight and into Monday they are threatening us with about 6", a far cry from the original 10 from the other day. I looked at the weather radar map and it looks like Michigan and southern Ontario will get the brunt of the storm.The storm is going to pass through the thumb and pound the stuffing out of Windsor and Toronto. Y E S! I love it when Toronto gets hit hard with snow.
The weather man is saying the snow will start about noonish, just in time for me to go to the dump. Good thing I am using the Jeep for the dump run, it has mud & snow tires on it and will have zero problems with snow. Real 4 wheel drive and a front locker helps immensely. It is way better than the all wheel drive of the POS Dodge Journey.

So there you have it, dump run then watch the snow accumulate.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #142,022  
41 high in 50s today more roller coaster blame the SE Ridge very strong this year likely to keep our winter at bay locally

Everybody very busy on here

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #142,023  
Bill, I think it's more the tires than the 4wd, though you clearly need both where you are.
I put four snow tires on an early gen AWD Dodge minivan like yours, and it was pretty unstoppable.
I really liked that van, but as typical Chrysler of that age, it spent some time in the shop. I was married with three (not mine) children
at the time and that navy blue van was the cat's meow at soccer games. This is when I quickly learned you can't have kids close enough "to touch".
Stop that. You started it. Repeat. It was a wonderful three years of my life I haven't talked about here, raising kids. Sure rounds off your corners.
Sorry the Mom was certifiable and it took me a year to find out.

I always made sure my wives had nice safe cars. I hope that doesn't sound sexist but they always knew I was a car guy and they
would always have a nice car. So that was my department. Before I got her the van her new ride was a Subaru Legacy s/w with a stick shift. Always wondered about that
but she clearly knew how to drive it. Rubbery shifter, almost as rubbery as a VW Bug. But kids got bigger and more space was needed.

Lot of seniors drive those Chrysler vans because they are easy to get in and out and pack a lot. And you can see well out of them.
They brought out AWD several times but always stopped.
Makes you wonder why.

If you've got more than six inches of snow, I think you need a truck or SUV with good clearance to be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,024  
2021-12-05, 0642

29° right now...high in the mid-30's
Didn't get to the driveway markers yesterday, so that's on the agenda today.
Not much else to report...

/ Good morning!!!! #142,025  
30 going to 52. I see a snow icon on Wednesday on our 7 day NWS forecast. (y)

Kyle, good to see your post...especially good news on your doc visit and fishing. Sorry about your haying friend...sounds rough.

Alien, have you slept in it yet?

Thomas, glad you're improving.

Don, those are some cool trailers...what a neat neighborhood.

My lovely wife and I finished the outside CHRISTmas decorations yesterday. Then I changed the oil in her Highlander. Next will be a walk about looking for a tree...slim pickins. I walked our woods yesterday and found 3 dead red oak trees...will cut them for firewood...leaving a dead sweet gum in the swamp for the woodpeckers. Only problem with two of the dead oaks is how to best fell them...one looks to want to fall over the creek, the other leans one way, but the biggest, heaviest branches grew the other way.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,026  
am looking at used cars tomorrow for local use. Likely going to choose between a 2012 Infinity G37X or a 2015 Genesis sedan. Both awd, about 100k miles, one's Korean and one
is Japanese. Both good quality. I've owned two Infinitis before, 328hp V6 very peppy. All the online reviews say the car is super reliable, easily a 200k car and no cvt.
Genesis is newer but has very good reviews. Most important criteria to me is how comfortable the seat is, will compare them tomorrow morning.
Normally buy new cars but just not going to get abused by dealer with "covid" pricing. I'll wait until next year.

Funny you bring that up...
On another thread, one of our Norwegian members and I had a short back and forth about European cars (and why some succeeded and some failed in the US market.
Mercedes Benz was brought up...specifically, the M-B 240D. I worked with a guy whose shop was pretty much all M-B and Porshe. Wasn't a paid job, but it was the only way I could afford my 911
Anyway, I'd love to find a decent "low" mileage (less then 200K miles) 240D

/ Good morning!!!! #142,027  
1.6 inches of snow predicted here for Wednesday. Billy, hope it gets down to you.
Won't last long, forecast is for warming weather later in the week.

Good thing since my snowblower is still
awaiting a replacement battery. I still can't find the original battery, most perplexing even after ten minutes with a high
powered flashlight. That's on the chore list for this afternoon. The battery is five inches long. And I allegedly know where it plugs into.
I'm pretty sure when it died it didn't vaporize so it sure has to be there somewhere.

Roy, there's a reason they have been Europe's taxi cabs since forever. They last almost forever.
I'd take a 300TD wagon in off white. All of those older diesels were simply built to last. Rock hard seats though.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,028  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 4:00AM. Areas of fog early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
Still no sign of rain tomorrow in our 10-day, but now it looks like the week from today Sunday night will be wet, following on into that Monday. And this coming Thursday morning is looking wet, too. Need to get a tarp tied onto the top of the new burn pile before it gets here.

An all wheel drive car sounds like a good idea, Drew, now that you're back in the snowy North. Good hunting to you!

The barn looks great, Doug. Sounds like it's gonna be a fun time fixing it up for you two.

Good luck with the Roughneck, Kyle. I'd worry more about the rust in the tank than a marginal leak down number. Could be the carb is crapped up with rust, and that's why it quit running. Drop the bowl and that'll tell the story. Maybe a cheap plastic filter in the line will get you by for now, but hopefully Miller still has parts for it so you can get a new cap. I've had good luck with the POR-15 fuel tank liner kit.

Had inertia issues yesterday morning and got a bit of a late start on the day. Once I finally managed to find my way out to the garage, I got the factory bags and mounts off the touring bike, which turned out to be a fairly straight forward job. Got out a couple milk crates and some wooden blocking to prop up the new bags, and it looks like making the new mounts will be pretty straight forward, too.

Right about then my backhoe buddy neighbor came rolling down the driveway. We talked about cutting the new fire break with his 'dozer, and he agreed I better get busy with the weed wacker and find all the survey pins that were placed back in 2019. He's been pretty busy with some out of town jobs, but thinks he can fit me in sometime in January. He also mentioned he has a portable compressor and a rock drill that works good for installing fence posts...

More work on the bag mounts for today, not sure what else will crop up.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,029  
My dad had a 240D nice car low on power. We owned Toyota forerunners great vehicle then bmw x5s another nice car. Wife put a lot of miles on back then and they got traded regularly. Eventually we went to MB diesels great vehicles but did have a few issues. The best diesel vehicle was an E class great car kept it the longest fantastic fuel mileage. We still prefer MB and at the price point next step would be Bentley but too much money for what you get. A fully loaded F250 lists pretty close to S Class. Just our experiences