Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,011  
36F more clouds than sun.

Been good day and less gout,check out den no signs of bear showing interested but bobcat has.
Mrs. said Chinse for dinner so I guess that's it :oops: than it's feet up hope for good ole college football.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,012  
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

Our neighborhood holiday home tour.

This was #6 stop was put on by Sisters on the Fly (SOTF) the largest women’s camping group in the world.

Ron or Bird have you heard of them during your travels?

/ Good morning!!!! #142,013  
Was 40F and sunny @ 11:00, heard hawk screaming out back a few minutes after that. No feathers, fur, or other evidence of murder and mayhem though.

It headed up to a high of 45F or so for the day.

Tomorrow even warmer (50F) ... but cloudy skies.

Got sunflower seeds and deer corn from last Menards order moved inside last night, lugged the bag of sunflower seeds down to the basement earlier.

Refilled hopper and two sunflower tube feeders.

Blew/ground up leaves on west and east (rear) sides of lawn also about 75% of back. Also blew off planting bed where all the new stuff is. Deer hoof prints all over the lawn.

Moved one of the floor jacks up to shop.

Jacked up front of Kubota and put a pair of jackstands under the front axle. Spun the wheels to check and see if I heard anything abnormal or if they locked up. Seemed fine, except where the (broken) plastic cover over the front driveshaft was catching the u-joint.

Need to bring the other set of jack stands up tomorrow so I can do the rear and get all the wheels off the ground.

Started fire in the ol' double-barrel stove, was 70F in there 10 minutes ago when I left. Banked fire for overnight.

Some more bulb planting on agenda for tomorrow.

Oven just beeped indicating it's now up to temp, have to go put meatloaf in to warm up.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #142,014  
<snip>

I felt really good that day. My vitals had improved and I no longer felt sick. I think from Friday into Saturday was when my body kicked the virus to the curb. I was still a mess from the damage the virus did, but I felt better.

Everyone stay safe out there!
Perhaps Dr. S. actually was good for you. Seems he really got you pi##ed off!

I had a similar problem (about 15 yrs ago) where after they transferred me to a better doctor and finally gave me a diuretic I got rid of 7 liters in about as many hours.

Please keep up the thread.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,015  
Paul, your story sparks some memories. Even though I enlisted in the Army, I was a product of the Air Force ATC school, Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS back in the late 60’s. Never realized I could learn to talk so fast.

I used to work with some guys who went thru Keesler.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,016  
Got to the farm. Trip delayed over 1/2 hr due to me dropping the car key and we couldn’t find it. More later.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,017  
Sadly a guy the exact same age as me drowned in a vehicle about the same time I was waterlogged a few klm west of me. Another was swept away but managed to get out OK.
wow o wow! Glad you are alright. Love the parrot pics.
I should have mentioned yesterday that one of the last times I visited the DFW National Cemetery was for the funeral of "Jinman" (Jim Inman) who of course was a regular poster and great friend to many on Tractorbynet.
Miss Jim and Mikim.
Yep, I remember Jim...tragic accident, IIRC
Roy is Poster of the Month! Congrats.
66°F and no rain, but big storm forecast including snow on Mauna Kea.

A good day of progress with my greenhouse even though 5 of the fittings required time consuming cleanup. All main frame prices dry fitting. Today hope to attach the poly panels and lift into place before the rain.

Sophie got to try out her new battery chainsaw, Ryobi 8 inch, on palm fronds. Said it worked very well.

Hand & Foot this afternoon

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
I too, awestruck at the news story of snow on you and Sophie's hill. Hope that doesn't destroy your garden.....LOL. Might plant some onion sets in case it freezes.

So much catching up here.

Went to Doc on Thurs, no issues except borderline BP. Doc recommended Moderna booster. Says it would put me in the 95% good side of being covered. Sister got booster and had 2 blah days. Doc says that is the immune system kicking into gear.

Don, I was going to say your tire looks like it's about 75% used up. Should've let Whipper get the snake. Put the snake handler out of business. China beans, maybe to rhyme with your new "Suzuki"???

Busy day today. Nice and WARM!!! Got up to about 80F and light breeze. Started on pulling O2 sensors in my car, but couldn't find my 7/8" socket with a slot in it for the wire pigtail. Went to AutoZone and $17.+ later had a socket. Ran some more errands. Got home and realized the hardest part of checking the O2 sensors was getting the wire connections apart. Limited space and brittle plastic. Finally got them out. cleaned them with some Carb cleaner, will see if they stop giving me an alarm that GM won't admit that they set the params too tight. If the cleaning doesn't work, the plug in connectors will be much easier to get apart next time, when I put in new ones.

Saw another fatal wreck on my 68 mile commute to work last week. 18 wheeler turned left in front of vehicle, leaving vehicle no place to go and it went under the trailer just in front of the trailer's rear wheels. 2nd time I've seen a wreck like this in the last 2 years. I had one nearly turn in front of me about 3 years ago.

Mostly, congrats! and thanks for all you bring to this board.

Just had me a glass of eggnog, poured over ice, with about a 1/4 jigger of Bacardi Anejo just for flavor. Fantastic.

Rich, I'm floored at the Dr situation. Makes me wonder if he is either depressed from all the patients dying, or possibly on the Autism spectrum, which a symptom of such is a lack of sympathy/empathy....or maybe his wife left him for being such a prude and took all his stuff....Anyway, thanks for sharing. I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the next episode.

After getting the car's O2 sensors back in, I pulled out "This Old Welder", a Miller Roughneck 1e, which was given to me by a friend, in NOT running condition. He had it given to him by an electrical company service that told him, "It was welding the day before, but stopped and we bought a new one." It has a popular Kohler K301 engine on it. It has been sitting under a bench for about 3 years, and I want to see it I can get it going. He had bought the Kohler repair service manual for it, and we downloaded the Miller end manual for it. It has an automatic decompression, which makes it just about impossible to do a normal compression test....So I did a Leak Down test on it. I would love for feedback from you guys if you have experience with Leak Down testing. This engine is a 12hp single cylinder, with side valves. I leak tested it cold, with the cylinder dry (no oil). I didn't turn over engine after sitting 3 years, just put the LD tester on it. Reading was 100psi set side, LD side was right at 80. No audible sound/hiss from intake or exhaust, but I pulled the dipstick and that's where most all the air is going, past the rings into the crankcase. Maybe I should spin the engine up w/o the plug, or put some oil in the plug hole, to "wet" it and get another reading. A video from Kohler's Tech service says that 80% is a good number, but I don't like hearing all that blow by. They recommend testing at only 80psi regulated. The gas tank is extremely rusted, and it's cap's threads are pretty much toast. Will worry about that later if I get it running.

Weather was so nice, I decided to go fishing. Couldn't find my son (at neighbors), so went by myself. It was so nice, I didn't even care if I caught anything or not...ended up catching a couple of 12" long Largemouth bass. Had many more bites/nibbles, but fish are acting slow to take plastic worm and run off with it. Son was sad he missed out.

The guy I hired to cut my hay this past summer (before my friend and I cut it this last cutting), came by to get his last 3 bales and for me to pay him the last of the money I owed him. I had been holding back a bit of $, until he provided the paperwork, so now we can keep our farm tax appraisal. Poor guy, he had a tumor the size of a cantaloupe pulled out from his abdomen. He showed me the scar, it looked like a 10" tall, backwards F. Said it was done in September, and that he lost 75lbs, despite him being skinny in the first place. He's skinny as a toothpick now, and says he's back up to about 50% energy level. His old International Tractor's engine kicked the bucket while he was trying to load hay around here a few months back. He said he might rebuild it. He didn't say if it was benign or malignant. He has 3 young children.

Ken, your kid got a jim dandy set of drums. A friend has been trying to get me to get some of the electronic drums for my kids to beat on. He has a nice set of Roland brand, and they sound awesome with a set of headphones to the wearer. But nice and quiet for all the rest of the home's inhabitants.

PJ, I played that dual bass song you referenced.....I was a metal head, but I don't remember that one. It was quite lyrical. Probably didn't get much airtime on the big stations...hahaha

Drew, I saw a nice greenhouse/shed on facebook, but it was quite bigger than your plans. It sure looked like it could be a nice place to hang out on moderate winter days.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,018  
Busy Sunday for me. Trip to the city. Bought some new shelving for the barn. (4 x 2 meters) Also a 750 mm dia. workshop fan. Just about turns you inside out on low speed. Now Lesley wants another for the porch where we often sit. Then while she scrubbed walls and her lad helped shift furniture, I started erecting the shelves and then moving equipment to the barn.
Lesley is insisting we get a pool table now and a dart board. I enjoy both so she may get her wish. She has given me her nice dumb waiter to set up my karaoke equipment on in the barn. We may also have a TV out there. I have started painting the old fridge to spruce it up for the bar. It was white so now it will be metallic silver.
Tomorrow the granite counter tops are being installed in the kitchen and tiler will also be busy. Lots happening. Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,019  
good morning all
cooler day, 30 out now going up into 40's.

Kyle, I agree, that combo would be very cool, knowing how much fun I had with last greenhouse.
Can't wait to see David's new one. Assuming it all isn't blowing away now.

Alien, you are going to make that barn so nice you'll never leave. Karaoke in the barn, what fun.
I'm not very good at darts but it sure is fun to try.
Bet those new granite kitchen tops transforms the kitchen and your wife will hopefully be very happy.

today is setup for Christmas at church, just a little interior decorating. Next Sunday for the first time (no, last year cancelled) since 1941
our evening candle light sing will not be held, but we decided that singing carols at noon after church was better than nothing, so hopefully next
week will be a large turnout and lots of good music. We will be singing outside on our porch spaced three feet apart. Hopefully all our young members will come; we
really miss them. Slowly they are trickling back in as parents get them vaccinated.

The scary part is all these people getting sick who are already vaccinated. It's not like a vaccine is going to improve your health either, just keeps it from clearly getting
much worse. Seems like a stomach virus going around now making folks sick.
Kyle, glad to see you got to go fishing. I think being by water is calming all by itself.

am looking at used cars tomorrow for local use. Likely going to choose between a 2012 Infinity G37X or a 2015 Genesis sedan. Both awd, about 100k miles, one's Korean and one
is Japanese. Both good quality. I've owned two Infinitis before, 328hp V6 very peppy. All the online reviews say the car is super reliable, easily a 200k car and no cvt.
Genesis is newer but has very good reviews. Most important criteria to me is how comfortable the seat is, will compare them tomorrow morning.
Normally buy new cars but just not going to get abused by dealer with "covid" pricing. I'll wait until next year.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,020  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 29° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 39° with snow early. Then changing to rain. Shop is look neat. Found 2 forgotten project on one of my benches. Put them on the to do list. Not sure what I am up to today. Maybe conserve energy after looking at weather forecast. Got talk to my neighbor that had Covid yesterday. Doing good. Still weak. But starting to get his taste and smell back.
GUg3Gbf.jpg

Don, one of my RV friends belongs to RVWomen. Looks like the one you posted is mostly older RV's. Look like it may be a offshoot of the Tin Can Tourist club. They hold 2 events near my house every year. I go when I remember.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.