Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,771  
60 and heavy fog, going nowhere, just 60.

Happy Birthday, Popgadget! Hope your birthday flight to Manchester was enjoyable.

Happy Birthday to Alien...hope your rain stopped.

Buppies, glad you got you power back. How's your beach look?

PJ, congrats on the nap...it's hard to get a whole 2 hour one!

We've only received 1.1 inches from Ian, but my mom got close to 5". We are supposed to get more today. The remnant "eye" is still sitting over Virginia.

There was enough break in the rain that I got a good long hike in. Otherwise, did paperwork and inside chores.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,772  
2022-10-02, 0845

45° right now...quite overcast. High in the upper 50's today.

Not sure what I'll be getting into today...

/ Good morning!!!! #156,773  
Good Morning Everyone

recycled the cardboard yesterday. They couldn't start my zero-turn, so delivery is delayed until Monday, but it will come with a fresh new battery now. I think I found a used Wallenstein wood chipper for the yard work around here (same business where i bought the mower). Considering it. Men's Breakfast on Sat was good. My wife should be home tonight (Sun).

catching up ...

Bird - that is a Miracle story, so glad that you were not hurt and that you didn't lose control of your vehicle, a new window is a minor inconvenience.

Popgadget HBD2U, I hope that you enjoyed your evening flight, sounds like fun

One of the goals is downsize house and belongings. Wife wants to keep her baby grand piano which takes a lot of space. To compensate, I’ll need a very large shop. Very large.
BEF ... problem solved :)
1664713940079.png

keeps buying decorations to fill the attic space......
that is hilarious, sorry ... well said though

Spam is cool again!
what do you mean by again ? those are the same cans still, from 6+ years ago (bahahaha) :)

Bird - windows are $200 deductible here, comprehensive is $500 for everything else. Glad that the knee will start to feel better. My knees are week now, so I just blame my wife for that ...

Alien - HBD2U also

/ Good morning!!!! #156,774  
A little warmer this morning going to 58 today. Drizzling rain

Got the Stilh weed eater working again yesterday. Placing it in a darker location could see that the spark was ok. When it floods letting it rest for a day or so usually fixes it.
Will work on bringing an old Stilh chain saw back to life. Will check ignition and if ok go to fuel issues. Having a spare chain saw can help if binding up the primary chainsaw.

The Deers keep coming to eat chestnuts. Standing within 50 ft of them does not bother them they keep on eating. The shells from the chestnuts makes a big mess.

IMG_1097.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,775  
Good Morning Everyone

recycled the cardboard yesterday. They couldn't start my zero-turn, so delivery is delayed until Monday, but it will come with a fresh new battery now. I think I found a used Wallenstein wood chipper for the yard work around here (same business where i bought the mower). Considering it. Men's Breakfast on Sat was good. My wife should be home tonight (Sun).

catching up ...

Bird - that is a Miracle story, so glad that you were not hurt and that you didn't lose control of your vehicle, a new window is a minor inconvenience.

Popgadget HBD2U, I hope that you enjoyed your evening flight, sounds like fun

BEF ... problem solved :)
View attachment 764738

that is hilarious, sorry ... well said though

what do you mean by again ? those are the same cans still, from 6+ years ago (bahahaha) :)

Bird - windows are $200 deductible here, comprehensive is $500 for everything else. Glad that the knee will start to feel better. My knees are week now, so I just blame my wife for that ...

Alien - HBD2U also
It's a lucky man who's wife makes his knees weak. Mine just pains my arse

/ Good morning!!!! #156,776  
I found these manual mills are still made in USA, and it caught my eye that the B model has ball screws for X and Y.

Vertical Milling — Wells-Index Milling Machines

Here's the dilemma. At our level, the students really just need to grasp the concepts of manufacturing, not necessarily making a whole bunch of projects. They make a small project out of aluminum. Our students get so much more training and classes, that the machining is just one facet. We hope they learn to "design for manufacture".

The new cnc mill we are getting will do much, but I especially want to tweek a program as fast as possible, to show them how fast their small projects can be made in a modern mfg method.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,779  
Good Morning
It’s 55 and only going down, with more rain to add to the inch we got yesterday.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a nice day. Wife and I went out to breakfast, had lunch with an old grade school friend that was in town for our high school class reunion (which I skipped). My oldest son and grandson joined us at the restaurant.
We came back to our house and continued the visit until I had to go to the airport. The trip went well even though the weather in Philly wasn’t nice, with low ceilings and visibility in drizzle. Coming back it was nice to see the lights appear out of the murk. Another nice dinner with copilot at Mission BBQ, half a chicken with Mac and cheese this time.

No plans for today, might shoot with youngest son if weather lets us.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,780  
Here is good summary of our daughters efforts on Ukraine war crimes for anyone interested.

Very good post!!!
I expect there will be war crimes trials when this is all said and done...at least, I hope so...