Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,941  
36F cloudy

Got everything I wanted to :) 6" wet wet heavy snow was double effort on the bones and muscles.change my mind decided to use pickup with plow after one pass digging into driveway went back to first plan,Kubota with back blade was cat meow,no damage to driveway or parking area :)

Plans for the evening...dinner soon..recliner..watch little tv share bowl ice cream with homemade carrot cake.

Enjoy your evening all.

Attachments

• 11.22.23.jpg
    11.22.23.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 11-22-23.jpg
    11-22-23.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 52
   / Good morning!!!! #180,942  
that's good news Mark and a cause for thanks giving.

rain is gone, I decided to do something worthwhile.
ran several loads of wash, mostly towels. Put too much laundry detergent in front loader. Sudsed up like mad. I took a pic...
got a SUDS error on the machine
I have to tell you, I've had a lot of error codes in my life
but SUDS is a first....
what a mess I made of that place, bubbles everywhere.
headed back to put in dryer. Had to run the towels twice they had so much suds in them, I was wondering if I was going to get another SUDS error.

I bet on the second SUDS error it sends a message to the office to come get some fool out of the laundry room
Nice way to pay it forward Drew the next 3 people to wash won't need to add soap! :)

/ Good morning!!!! #180,943  
Nice way to pay it forward Drew the next 3 people to wash won't need to add soap! :)
I have to admit I sat on the bench outside and couldn't stop laughing.
then the second machine would not start, oh no now what, nice lady at desk came down, rolled her eyes at the bubbles, handed me enough extra change to run the washer again. She had clearly seen this before.

what was even funnier and had me laughing again was the stupid towels had so much suds in them that even the second time they almost made the machine go tilt. The first machine almost went solid with white suds, I was waiting for it to roll foam out the sidewalk like an aircraft fire truck...

needless to say, don't have a front loader at home.

e bike helped a lot lugging wash to other side of campground.
came back and cooked my crab cakes.
Delicious, but they fell apart and were a visual fail.
but like eating candy...

leftover crab will be mixed in with other food, not a spec of that expensive stuff will go to waste.

laundry done, put away, I'm done and soon to be put away for the night. Will be nice to sleep in tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,944  
Good morning! Low of 24°, heading towards 55°. We got 0.34" of rain and wet snow a couple of days ago. Maybe some more on Friday.

Got some things moved into the addition--- a sleeper chair, the wifey's plant stand w/ plants, and her sewing cabinets. May move the baker's rack (used as our desk) into there today, but all the computer stuff and bins of paperwork have to be removed first..... might wait on it for a couple days.

Then I will have the chance to get the shelves installed. I finished sanding them yesterday, but still need to stain them today. That is the last thing to do on the inside.

The outside needs to get the walkway repaired (new gravel) and associated border rocks. The other side needs a landscape bed extended and then 'ended' at the walkway. Probably going to go and get a load of stone to have it here for the weekend....(I'm no fool --- I have a big strapping Grandson and a tough, strong son available for manual labor for the next 5 days!).

Wifey started to precook some of the wonderful fixings for tomorrow. I/we are very thankful. With all that has gone on over the past few years, we could be in a very different situation. A favorite is her combo cheesecake / pumpkin pie. --- definitely a "2 slice" delicious dessert.

Kilroy, I'm a little late, but please wish your mom a belated birthday.

Drew, nice pics, thanks. Glad that Shorty was a nice guy. Good move to not get involved in the political arena....

Rip, sorry about the tree, but good that it was out in the open.

RNG, hope you get the solar company to transfer the ownership without too much difficulty. Why do they need a deed? --- sounds strange. You own the house / land.... they shouldn't need one. I'm getting tired just reading about you installing those overhead shelves......

Dennis, I'm envious that you got some seat time spreading gravel....

I am surprised at the fires back east.... there's always moisture and humidity there.... hopefully the recent rains gets them under control.

Way too many pages to get caught up on.... I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff....

Everyone have a great day and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Thank you! Will do 😁👍

/ Good morning!!!! #180,945  
that's good news Mark and a cause for thanks giving.

rain is gone, I decided to do something worthwhile.
ran several loads of wash, mostly towels. Put too much laundry detergent in front loader. Sudsed up like mad. I took a pic...
got a SUDS error on the machine
I have to tell you, I've had a lot of error codes in my life
but SUDS is a first....
what a mess I made of that place, bubbles everywhere.
headed back to put in dryer. Had to run the towels twice they had so much suds in them, I was wondering if I was going to get another SUDS error.

I bet on the second SUDS error it sends a message to the office to come get some fool out of the laundry room
IMG_5999.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #180,948  
It's sad to see all the scammers that call my dad. He can't hear them, but he want's to answer and talk. :mad: And his mail is all requests for donations. And he reads them all. I keep saying just throw them away. recently he sent money to a group that said they would get him $1300. Should be a law against this.
Sound like a trusted family member needs to be the Power of Attorney for your father and write all the checks. It will only take a few months to get all the bills sent to the POA. My mom fell for the scam of a grandchild in jail she swore it was his voice. Good thing I was paying all the bills at this point.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,949  
not much to see here on the outskirts of Holden Beach NC. Big parking lot and they unfortunately put me close to the only road. I need to do a better job of asking for spots away from roads. That means doing my homework ahead of time by studying their campground maps. Place at top of second pic is the fish store, Holden Beach seafood. I also have a pound of their shelled and deveined shrimp to cook tomorrow.
When in Rome...time to eat fish.

no more mullet for me though. Next time grouper.

Attachments

• DJI_0130.JPG
    DJI_0130.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • DJI_0129.JPG
    DJI_0129.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
   / Good morning!!!! #180,950  
Mark, great news about your sister. Prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery process.

MPham, wishing many more trips around the sun for your better half! ... and your brother too!

Shelves are installed.... wifey pleased. She put her baskets on them already!
image.jpgimage.jpg

Another pic of the ponderosa pine grain:

image.jpg

Got a start on the outside stuff..... the entry gate successfully reversed direction and got the landscaping timbers reset to the proper position. Mulch is next.

Did get to the quarry and picked up 1 1/2 tons of the same crusher fines used in the courtyard. Trailer in position to unload. Now I just need to persuade the son and GS to help on Friday.....

Only one issue still at hand... and I totally didn't initially think about it.... the existing storm door is the wrong swing now..... you have to back into the corner in order to open it..... We are happy with the style, but the cost is now $150 more than what we paid 3 years ago.... oh well, only money......What's $350 buy you these days?

Time to go put the feets up.......