Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,351  
I did too PJ, but then I came back. Less nastiness.

stumped on the Eley reel, got to the end, a hose fabric clamp gizmo fell apart, can't get it back together. So close.
My friend Bill will come over and fix it, hit a mental wall on it.

getting warm out. Guess I'd better go roll up the hose for community neatness...
Also need to take some cleaner out and give the Weber a scrub down. Had the cover off and my local bluebirds
have good aim.

I house them.
I feed them.
They poop on me.
I get no respect!

RD

/ Good morning!!!! #153,352  
somewhere in my pics there is one taken of me sitting in hospital chair sleeping while spending the day with Nadene.
She was sick, again, not sure she was getting out, and I desperately needed to focus on something fun. Something to show me the world
was on a level axis. So I started with TBN on a laptop to my best memory in the hospital.

I was pretty emotional back then. No wonder. Now not too much gets me upset. My third wife, the one who was a nurse and was going to be with me
forever, well she died. Same thing happened to Toppop. And others. I think Ron too.
But this group is going strong.
The list of those missed is long.
Roy, you are over 20 years. remarkable

Buppies, glad to take the ride with you. (y)

I remember you taking her camping at Lake In Woods in PA.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,353  
PLEASE POST YOUR KITTY "TUMMY RUB TUESDAY" PICS FOR MY WIFE. She misses Gray2.

IMG_5407.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #153,354  
Good Morning.
It’s 74 and going to top 90 today. Dew point is 68 now, so it’s nor quite as sticky as the last few days. No measurable rain in the forecast.

Yesterday was largely inside, spent the morning with a pile of blueprints doing the heat load calculations for my buddy. After lunch went to BJ’s with my wife. After discovering that they apparently discontinued Coke products, specifically Diet Coke, we decided that we are going to give Costco a try, BJ’s selection seems to be slipping. What are your thoughts about the comparison?

Today will likely start with breakfast with the professor, then I might prep the next load for the smoker. I want to make burgers with chopped onions and seasoning with cheese imbedded in them and topped with a lattice of bacon. Run the smoker at 250 and let them get to an internal temp of 170, probably a couple hours. I’ll have to round up some volunteers to eat them as there’s only the two of us, but that usually isn’t difficult.

Only been in BJs a couple time. Their yearly fee much lower. Lots more Costco’s here, and more convenient where we go.

Burger sounds delicious. I usually grill extras and keep in fridge to warm up another day.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,355  
goddaughter's husband says his Rivian truck is going to be delivered on Friday. I think he's waited over a year.
Can't wait for a ride.
I can't be much of an electric host though

Buckeye, my wife loved the rv. She needed to be close to a bed and bathroom but this was one of the ways we dealt with illness, by
getting out of the house and finding happiness out there amidst all the constant worries. That's why I had a golf cart even before I moved to NC.
now I have one again.
I think my high school friend is dubious of the heat out there.
He should be. I just had to come in, face a little red, hose all curled up though.
Sweat about a quart wrapping up that hose. Looked at construction site down the way, wonder what they are building.

Ahh, found out, as my landlady just called me in response to pics I sent.
She got a letter as a contiguous neighbor and this is a local farmer with an abutting property who wants to use this property to
use as drop off for CSA vegetables once a week. Mostly for locals I assume. And for cooking classes.
Hmmm, that might be fun.

Attachments

• P1000061 (2).JPG
    P1000061 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
   / Good morning!!!! #153,356  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 7:45AM. Sunny. High around 105F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

No Red Flag warnings here, but wildfires seem to be popping up everywhere. So far most of them have been confined to a few hundred acres, but a few made it into the thousands before they were contained. Gonna be a long, hot summer.

Sorry to read about your friend, Ted. So that others might live...

My biggest issue with Costco, Paul, other than some of their political leanings, is that the brands they carry change with alarming frequency. Seems like I just get used to sourcing a favorite from them, and they switch to something else not nearly as good. I also find it annoying that they're constantly moving merchandise within the store, so with the exceptions of the cold cases, getting everything on my list turns into a time wasting goose chase.

I didn't find the Eley hose reel instructions very clear either, Drew. That fabric loop gets pushed through a square hole in the hub, and the hose goes through the loop on the way to the U-bend fitting. Then the plastic dingus with the screw on the other end of the fabric loop fits into the notch in the hub. Then, IIRC, the U-bend piece goes on, and the screw in the plastic dingus holds everything in place. Clear as mud? I did find this YouTube video, which references the fabric loop. But it doesn't look like what came with my hose reel. Here's a better one.

The battery in the big touring bike didn't load test very well, likely because the charger somehow came undone and it got severely discharged over the past couple weeks. The battery in the zebra bike is newer, and it fits both bikes, so I moved it over and connected it to a charger. One less battery to take care of. Also moved some tools and gear over to the touring bike, and by then it was hot enough in the garage to keep me in the house the rest of the day for more fun and games that came in the mail while I was gone. I also fell down the YouTube rabbit hole for a bit, brushing up on my box blade and tree felling techniques.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,357  
So I started with TBN on a laptop to my best memory in the hospital.

the older I get the less I trust my memory...
I too started on TBN while in the hospital at my wife's bedside.
And the HF thread has really simmered down and does not seem contentious anymore.
Maybe the elimination of Friendly P helped.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,358  
Roy, you are over 20 years. remarkable
That's because I have no life outside TBN!!!

Seriously, TBN was a big help when I bought my first tractor (Deere 670) and I've always enjoyed the posts.
Every now and then, we'd get an a-hole, but that was rare and easy to ignore. Being pretty thick-skinned helps too

I've only met one member FTF...that was Joe (better known as Sigarms).

/ Good morning!!!! #153,359  
well I'm ready for a job in the basement, it's so nice and cool down there.

but...looks like a trip to the hardware store for a PEX kit, some connectors, and I guess some of that white pipe.
need to put the new ph filter in between the existing sediment and taste filters. Glad I made that original install board big enough.

ripped out all the over the hill lettuce, piled it up on two stumps in the back yard, see if any critter wants it.
Then led a squash plant over into that area, headed that way anyway

Attachments

• IMG_1079 (1).JPG
    IMG_1079 (1).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1078 (2).JPG
    IMG_1078 (2).JPG
    6 MB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #153,360  
now I wonder if I am insulting Popgadget's great welding by not grinding the top weld.
Look how nice he ground the side welds. should I?.

Nope. But there was no grinding on the vertical welds on the sides. They are as welded. I wasn’t able to see what I was doing on the top and wandered off course, and then went back over it. I could see the verticals well. I would leave the top alone as a testament to sloppy work. I should have adjusted the helmet rather than working by braille.
But it’s definitely on there forever.