Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,741  
I also have a small culvert that needs cleaning.
I ran across this video -
Looks like an excuse for a new tool :) An HF auger.
We got the Horrible Fright auger several weeks ago and so far it has vastly exceeded my expectations (which are based upon a years of HF stuff meeting (or not even meeting) my already low expectation). It is nice that it includes a mixing bottle for your two-stroke fuel mixing pleasure. So far, I have only run it on my VP Pre-mix chainsaw fuel, which may have an effect, too. I have only used it with the 6” auger, I did not get the larger diameter bit. I think I will go back and get the extension shaft, though.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,742  
46 this morning high of 82

Prayers for all our Country Ukraine

Nice birthday surprise sodamo nice wood working rswyan

/ Good morning!!!! #166,743  
Good evening all. 66ºF for the start, overcast, breezy. windy with brisk gusts, overcast all day, and high temp was 81ºF. Men's Meeting to start day, then bike ride, wind penalty almost a mile. Nap after lunch, dinner was to be at Mexican restaurant, but they were closed. Got some upcoming event announcements posted for fish club.
Ron good to hear prep for tank install ready for the install. Sorry neighbor has to work during weekend, ruining install plans. Hope branch cleanup can continue soon. Neat color on finch
Kilroy sorry about no more sap. Hope you can enlarge puppy corral.
Buppies your gas prices are close, diesel higher. prayers sent.
Billy hiking with wife sounds fun. My wife and I have biked together in past but she has lost interest. Nice pics
Spike sorry no rain, we have rain forecast for tomorrow. Interesting bird.
RS good progress yesterday. should have your workbenches done soon. Hope today went well.
Ken nice pic, really cleaned the area up.
Bill weather is warming up :)
RNG nice you are still getting rain. Glad homeless person has left. Sorry about tractor work being rained out. Good luck with van search.
Paul did you have the cab doors open? Hope you got finish on speakers and lime tilled in.
Frits hope sill in good shape. Good luck with phone line noise. Hope you can garden using x and save your shoulder. thanks for pic of the brace
David you had full day with PO run mowing and surprize birthday party for Sophie. Hope weather cooperated.
David how thick was original? My guess is 3/16 probably thick enough.
Thomas glad short workday. hope plans worked.
Ted sorry about the idiot working to make road worse, Good luck with fixing it. Enjoy family visit.
Bird it was nice day, humidity higher than I want to see.
Drew sorry for lack of support today. Sorry about valve stem. Good to hear finally fixed. Good to hear you are safe and sound.
Doug good to hear from you. hope inspection of flail has good results.
Kilroy how true!
Ron neat pic.
Randy(wag) hope recycle trip was successful. Hope church dinner went well.
Buppies sorry to hear long day. Hope you sleep well tonight.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
No biggie on no more sap - it was just a lark this year, more FS&G than anything else. Next year I will start earlier and on more trees —- and will have time to haunt the fleas and get a couple stainless steam-table trays to build an evaporator on-site to pre-condense sap before bringing it home for finishing.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,745  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly…).

51F and foggy, going to 70s and sunny.

yesterday’s rain, which was supposed to end by 6-ish did not end until sometime after we went to bed, so unloading vehicle feom shopping run did not happen until just now (except for perishables - they came out for the mad dash).

Even with rain and resulting mud, we are taking Bailey up the woodlot for what is likely her final solo enjoyment of the walk - 36 hour countdown on the arrival of the puppy into her domain. . . I think she will do fine once she gets over the initial shock.

They just announced “overtime lite” at work, which gives the part-timers a $3 boost on time over regular scheduled hours, and it becomes a $4.50 premium on regular OT for the 40hr employees… and we just told them we are going to be cutting back a bit because of new puppy 🤪 right in the heart of crunch time for taxes. Oh well - family comes first!

speaking of which, time to get ready to head to cube farm (only 25 days left - yay! Then we get to work on our stuff in earnest).

have a happy healthy safe productive blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,746  
50 heading to 79.

Sodamo, looks like a great group of friends to celebrate Sophie.

Ron, nice robin pic. We have robins year-round, but they stay in the woods most of the winter. They are in the yard now, in force. The winter birds (juncos, yellow grosbeaks, white-throated sparrows) are still here, but many of the year-round birds are starting to pair off and nest. We have goldfinches all year, but a huge flock of 100+ (really) have stopped by, maybe migrating. Birdfeeders empty so fast now.

Split my wood and moved the pallet out from the shelter as fast as I could. The phoebes are nesting right above my splitter again this year, and weren't happy I occupied "their" space.

Mowed almost all of the yard for the first time this year...smelled good last night. Primarily was mowing wild onions and patches of fescue. The warm season grasses are still dormant.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,747  
Good morning, low temperature is 36 and the high going to 43°F. Wind SW 8 mph. Periods of rain or drizzle this morning then 40% chance of rain this afternoon.

Today is dump and town run, I think a trip to Sundridge is in order to wash the salt and crud off the Dodge.

Two winters ago I acquired two kittens one orange and white and the other one gray and black. Last spring they were both castrated/fixed or whatever you want to call it, they didn't think they needed fixing as they weren't broken. Last winter in the middle of a cold snap the orange one decided to take a powder for 3 days and came home a very cold kittie. Since then he has hung fairly close to the house. Well yesterday his brother did the same thing, at 9 this morning he will have been gone for 24 hours. I hope he is sleeping off the effects of a fat mouse or rabbit, but I am also realistic and realize that house cats are at or near the bottom of the food chain and we have wolves, coyotes, foxes, fishers, owls, eagles and hawks. All will take a house cat for a lunch.

Breakfast time, have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #166,748  
50 outside this AM, heading to 78. wngsprd is one degree warmer, expected, he is south of us. LOL. Rain pushed through a few hours ago.

Nothing on the agenda. Need to let hands and fingers recover from all the construction work these past few weeks. Numerous splinters and cuts. Dry too. Not helping.

Set up game cam in back last night. Coyote captures are the hopes.
Nothing on the Owl cam. Guess the Owl box is still vacant. Too bad, that was quite an effort getting it built and hung in the Silo.

Hope all have a great day today. Be safe, get or stay healthy.

Safe travels to those on the move.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,750  
Good Morning.
Happy belated birthday Sophie, and welcome to the seventies, which is different then asking if you remembered them.

45 and raining out this morning.
IMG_1736.jpg

Yesterday was busy and productive. Got lime spread
IMG_1341.jpg

Welded new chains on the back door of the tiller and put it to work,
IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

Got the finish on the speakers-
IMG_1351.jpg

Even pulled out all the driveway markers after a totally snow free winter, well at least none that required plowing.
Loaded the feed bins with grain, and basically kept moving all day.

Today I’m off to Punta Gorda, and then Martha’s Vineyard, so it’s a good thing yesterday was so productive, I’ll be sitting all day today.