Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,931  
Morning all, 40 going up to 61 and rain finally stopped.
Went into town yesterday to have a drink and appetizers at Harvest Seasonal Grill.
Son will be home tonight, seems to be having fun in DC even thought the weather was a bit wet yesterday.
Have the turntable and parts, will get to it in a bit.

Kyle - must be very proud, and do you get to keep the Mercedes?

Was a haggerty's member for many years, stopped when I sold the 280SL, too bad you couldn't go Drew.

saw my neighbor with his race rig down in town today, pretty far from our neighborhood.

Be well,
Resized_20230325_181058.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,932  
successful morning despite no car show. Replaced one bulb in rear of rv that operated both turn and stop sign, likely one in there ok, just contacts very corroded. I bought two for a buck fifty apiece from little rv parts store in office here, original owner of last 50 years took one look at bulb, said oh yes that's a number 50, or something, out came two bulbs. Put the bulb in and everything worked. (y)

then I sprayed the interior for ants with some Raid product which killed them on contact. Tried to take off front tpms sensors to run without them til next stop, to see if wiggle goes away, but could not get them off without removing hub cap and I was sweating enough already. Need a tiny specialty wrench that comes with sensors to loosen them and can't get at that retaining nut without taking everything apart.
Maybe another day....

lastly got my dash cam installed on front windshield after it fell off. Windexed the window and suction cup and that did the trick.

will be going up to community pool this afternoon; host's small pool is 82 degrees but they like the 90 degree community pool.;)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,933  
Good morning! Low of 27°, heading towards 43°. While having the first cup of coffee this morning, looked out the window and ----- SUPRISE! .... Yeah, it was snowing....

Just a quick shower / flurry. Light dusting. Still undecided wether or not to start on the gravel. Tomorrow will be in the50's, Tues and Wed. In the low 60's. Might wait.....

RS, that saw is cleaning up nicely! Gonna be nice!

Drew, sorry about the car show being members only....

Kilroy, sorry about the pup's accidental relief..... housebreaking is a current deterrent for us getting another pup. .....but that is always subject to change.

Ken, you have a brave neighbor! Practically risking his life driving the sulky on the road.....

Kyle, congratulations to your son! Hopefully you will never have to chase him.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,934  
66°F and no rain

A very good day yesterday.

Neighbor’s slider install was a piece of cake, he’s very happy.

Great progress on taxes. Could finish those today, but most likely won’t file yet.

Enjoyed my burger out with BIL. He and SO had never eaten there before.

This afternoon have a couple guests coming and grilling some steaks on the Primo.

Pretty much an easy day ahead.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #166,936  
The cast iron welding repair is still leaking. I welded it in place and it is difficult to do successfully. Looking for a replacement pump

You could try to seal it up with bronze filler, it will usually flow out on cast iron as well as the (likely) nickel filler.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,937  
Good morning! Low of 27°, heading towards 43°. While having the first cup of coffee this morning, looked out the window and ----- SUPRISE! .... Yeah, it was snowing....

Just a quick shower / flurry. Light dusting. Still undecided wether or not to start on the gravel. Tomorrow will be in the50's, Tues and Wed. In the low 60's. Might wait.....

RS, that saw is cleaning up nicely! Gonna be nice!

Drew, sorry about the car show being members only....

Kilroy, sorry about the pup's accidental relief..... housebreaking is a current deterrent for us getting another pup. .....but that is always subject to change.

Ken, you have a brave neighbor! Practically risking his life driving the sulky on the road.....

Kyle, congratulations to your son! Hopefully you will never have to chase him.....

Everyone have a great day!
You can always get a somewhat older rescue that is already housebroken… like our Bailey…

596E836F-9D8B-48FA-8724-E237A1AAC8CD.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,938  
58F and "Fair" @ 17:30, with a good bit of sun. Calling for a low of 43 in the overnight so a little better than this morning.

Coffee tasting very good.

Had a fairly productive evening up in the shop last night. Stayed nice and toasty inside.

Car had frost on it when I left this morning. Think I went to bed around 08:00 ... lol.

Started working on cleaning out the slots for the miter gage.

Confirmed that the miter bar is the correct size, fits snugly in the slots ... whether that will remain the case after I get the tracks cleaned remains to be seen.

Also confirmed that the motor amperage is 7.8 amps and it was a 3 phase saw originally (on the plate in the picture below)

Probably a good chance that the 3 phase motor is the original.

Made it around to rear side of the saw. If there's one unfortunate thing about this unit, it's this little "modification":

IMG_2369 copy.jpg

Whoever did that little bit of butchery should be beat profusely with a large stick.

I did manage to remove the wood piece and a good amount of the silicone caulk ... hopefully with no further damage to the metalwork of the cabinet:

IMG_2370 copy.jpg

Today I'll take up the McKanica Silicone caulk remover and see if I can get the remainder of it off while I ponder how I'm going to repair the damage done to the cabinetry.

Got the backside of the cabinet mostly cleaned up aside from the silicone but it looks like I forgot to take a picture of it.

After working on the back, I took a break from the cabinet and started working on detailing the Biesenmeyer fence, using rubbing and polishing compounds and wet-sanding with 320/500 on the bare metal parts:

IMG_2371 copy.jpg

IMG_2373 copy.jpg

The sacrificial rail on the blade side of the fence really needs replaced (or at least an additional rail added to it) ... as it's had contact with the blade at some point. (The one on the non-blade side cleaned up nicely)

But examining the fence I was at a loss at how to go about doing that ... since there are no visible fasteners attaching it to the metal portion of the fence.

Fortunately, Google and YouTube revealed the answer: The fasteners are hidden under the Formica laminate ... so that has to be removed to access them.

Will probably go ahead and replace the black edging on the fence rails as it's pretty beat up and is fairly cheap.

Next up was tackling the right side of the cabinet, which has the hole to access the motor:

IMG_2372 copy.jpg

I suspected that stuff that had run down the side at the bottom might be contact cement (used to glue laminate) and it turned out that was the case. A combo of Goo Gone and the Wagner Heat Gun set on low allowed me to remove most of it:

IMG_2374 copy.jpg

At that point my fingers were cramping from all the rubbing and buffing so I knocked off and called it a day.

Today I need to dig up the owner and parts manuals for the saw online, get the edging ordered for the fence, and maybe make a decision on the VFD and see if I can find a cabinet for it at a reasonable price.

To size the VFD you take the motor amps and multiply by 1.73 so 7.8 amps x 1.73 = 13.494 amps output.

The VFD I was looking at is rated for a 4hp motor and has a 13 amp output ... and I'm tempted to go with it, based on Theobaud's successful experiences with running his Bridgeport mill with a slightly undersized VFD (next size down from the one I'm considering)

OTOH, if it fails due to being undersized then I doubt the mfg would honor any warranty claim.

Another $30 for the next larger size ...

I guess in for penny, in for a pound ... ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

/ Good morning!!!! #166,939  
Take a jig saw and clean up the mess of a cut that is there, make a pattern out of cardboard the fits the hole when you are done and use that to cut out a piece of steel to fit and weld it in. If you can’t weld it yourself it would be an easy job for someone that has the equipment and skill if you brought them the cabinet and the piece that you made.