Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,841  
Worse part is, we got it at Costco and I didn’t notice the price until I got it home, and said holy cow that was expensive for the small amount we got.

Good Morning buckeyefarmer,
Never a more true statement than that these days ! My wife and I say the same thing on a weekly basis or bi-monthly trip !

/ Good morning!!!! #170,843  
Good morning, 48 going to 76 no rain grass is getting brown in spots.

Watched some of the movie Heartbreak Ridge last night. Always worth a laugh

The extra med for wife is helping some. She can breathe without pain so I guess that is progress and sleeping better.
Daughter can not hold food down. She is flying back this morning to some well deserved rest.

Finished grading around the pond and looks good. The project to pipe water over to the pond from the spring under the log house is coming nearer. Also finished mowing a couple of areas. The mower was running hot so have to clear the screen for grass clippings and check on the mower blades.

On lubing use the moly tubes of grease from TSC. Only engage the treads barely on the cylinder and pushing the rod in to expel air. Test a few strokes and ready to go. Have Lincoln manual and air operated ones and also Milwaukee. Seldom use the Lincolns. Also have a set of adapters for hard the reach points and long reach hoses. Have the clip on fitting on the Lincoln but did not change the one on the Milwaukee.

On bird watching we have a multi story bird house ( big trees ) just off the balconies so we can sit and watch in comfort the birds chipping and squirrels playing. Yesterday a group of hawks swarmed down on the big tree and tried to get at the birds. The sounds of the birds changed and they scattered all over the place

Not sure what I will do today but will get the PT stuff out of the way first and then we will see

IMG_2158.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #170,844  
Good Morning buckeyefarmer,
Never a more true statement than that these days ! My wife and I say the same thing on a weekly basis or bi-monthly trip !
Hey Scott_vt! I grew up in Granville, worked on Lake St. Catherine in the summer on the milfoil harvesting machines. Good friend of mine lives in Wells just a little ways past the General store. Great little place to live!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,845  
Hey Scott_vt! I grew up in Granville, worked on Lake St. Catherine in the summer on the milfoil harvesting machines. Good friend of mine lives in Wells just a little ways past the General store. Great little place to live!
Good Morning Duds13,
Yes its beautiful up here, at least sometimes !;) We are on Lamb Hill Rd, which is about 4 or so miles past the general store going up East Wells Rd !We have our pontoon boat on Lake St. Catherine ! The little lake looks like it could use the milfoil harvester when I went by this morning !

/ Good morning!!!! #170,846  
Good Morning Duds13,
Yes its beautiful up here, at least sometimes !;) We are on Lamb Hill Rd, which is about 4 or so miles past the general store going up East Wells Rd !We have our pontoon boat on Lake St. Catherine ! The little lake looks like it could use the milfoil harvester when I went by this morning !
Doesn't get much better than a pontoon boat on a beautiful lake! Yes the little lake has always been a mess! Apparently they stopped using the harvesters for a while and went to chemicals on the big lake, but I thought they had brought back one harvester for the little lake. I could be wrong though

/ Good morning!!!! #170,847  
Good Morning
55 outside and going to 77 under fair skies.
Another beautiful day.

Yesterday was perfect for working outside, I took the Makita chainsaw for a walk, trimming the fence posts to a uniform height above the wire.
Grandson helped by picking up the cut offs and throwing them in the carryall. We dumped 3 loads for neighbors that wanted wood for their fire pit.

IMG_1904.jpg

It was a perfect job for the Makita. Overall, I’m pretty impressed with its capability. Had to knock off at 11 to get cleaned up for trip to Burlington, which went well, I pent more time driving to the airport and back than I did going to Vermont and back.

Got home in time to play music with the boys after paying attention to Zoe and feeding her. Wife is feeling much better.

Grandson and I are planning on cutting some more fence posts to size today, for some reason I never trimmed them when I put them in. Might pressure wash pool deck after that, but no firm plans.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,848  
Good Morning
55 outside and going to 77 under fair skies.
Another beautiful day.

Yesterday was perfect for working outside, I took the Makita chainsaw for a walk, trimming the fence posts to a uniform height above the wire.
Grandson helped by picking up the cut offs and throwing them in the carryall. We dumped 3 loads for neighbors that wanted wood for their fire pit.

View attachment 802535

It was a perfect job for the Makita. Overall, I’m pretty impressed with its capability. Had to knock off at 11 to get cleaned up for trip to Burlington, which went well, I pent more time driving to the airport and back than I did going to Vermont and back.

Got home in time to play music with the boys after paying attention to Zoe and feeding her. Wife is feeling much better.

Grandson and I are planning on cutting some more fence posts to size today, for some reason I never trimmed them when I put them in. Might pressure wash pool deck after that, but no firm plans.
Makita bought Dolmar several years back, essentially FAIAP Makita saws are just re-badged Dolmars. Their battery saws are their own, and rumor has it that they will be phasing out gas saws over the next 5-7 years. Toll rental is a dealer, and he has said that his gas saw sales have dropped in favor of the electric, primarily because homeowners don’t need big professional saws, they don’t have the land lots that require it, and if they do they call in professional landscapers and arborists instead.

I am glad I have my 7300, I really need to look at the 6400 that the tree fell on last year and try to salvage it.

my only complaint is that if they sit and warm up, they tend to flood and not want to start. I have made it regular practice to automatically pull the sparkplug and pull the cord a couple times to eject the accumulated fuel before attempting to start in any weather above 40 degrees, or if they have been in the sun any amount of time.

speaking of which, I need to sharpen a chain or three. . .

/ Good morning!!!! #170,849  
Bill, you are going to be full of energy today.
you'll need it with that drilling

enjoying my coffee and going slowly.
then out to mow on a cool morning.
I have some radishes to give away, will find a neighbor
first dibs to Ken, but he may be busy with holiday house prep.
perhaps he should report in what temp the pool water is.

I already gave Popgadget some radishes,
my brother just got a bag full, neighbor said still have some of last batch, etc etc.
an excess of radishes. Of course, I could always pickle more.
Anything special in your radish pickle recipe?

/ Good morning!!!! #170,850  
Morning all 64 going up to 79 and sunny
finished weed whacking.
Got forks on tractor and moved quite a few piles of wood, plenty more to do.
Today need to buck up some of the larger trunks, maybe get 3-4 out of the 20 I need to do, still a few standing ash, not sure what's keeping them up at this point.

Scott_vt - welcome to GM, how far are you from Bennington?

Someones dog stopped by, could not get it to come closer and then ran off, hoping it made it's way home.

Duds13 - welcome to GM!

Pool is still cold Drew as it's been in the 40's at night.

Off to get tractor and saw out,
Be well,

First fawn sighting

IMG_0049.JPG