Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,951  
Saddle Valves are terrible. I would suggest cutting it out, putting in a tee and a ball valve to the icemaker.

Yup … that will get done as part of the kitchen remodel and will include a recessed box in the wall to hold the plumbing line and valve … rather than just having the copper line come up through a hole that was drilled in the laminate floor … 🤬

In the meantime, the saddle valve - which was less than $10 at the Depot - is installed and the water to the old ‘frig is shutoff …

/ Good morning!!!! #185,952  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.1C and it's presently 25.4C, clear & calm.

Good meeting last evening which turned out to not being an 'official' one (with Minutes submitted). Our Guest Speaker (who's also a friend) had to back out at practically the last minute as he remembered that it was his wedding anniversary. :D So the meeting became a general discussion and we'll reschedule for the 29th. Still, it was a robust discussion and I got home by 2100.

Not much on for today except a possible trip to the PO for a parcel pick-up.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,953  
Yup … that will get done as part of the kitchen remodel and will include a recessed box in the wall to hold the plumbing line and valve … rather than just having the copper line come up through a hole that was drilled in the laminate floor … 🤬

In the meantime, the saddle valve - which was less than $10 at the Depot - is installed and the water to the old ‘frig is shutoff …
My plastic pipe to ice maker wore a hole thru once where it comes thru the floor. On of my retirement projects is to redo a bunch of my valves with ball valves.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,955  
Good Evening Guys ,
Here is a pix of our dog we just lost. This was a few years ago while building our residence. We miss him so much ..
Plow hog, beautiful dog, sorry for your loss ! I would feel just as you !
although they come precut each had to be modified.
David, we have very similar chairs here at our Ct home ! We bought these stretch plastic covers which have a felt bottom ! So far they have worked out well ! Also wondering how your making out with the new parts for the Scag ? Is the mower still stalling after getting hot ?

Took some junk out of the basement today and took it to the dump ! Then went to HD and bought two 8 ft lengths of 6x6 PT for a new mailbox pole this spring ! Also a large metal mail box, since we sometimes disappear for a few days and the small one fills quickly !

Attachments

• IMG_3784.jpeg
    IMG_3784.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
   / Good morning!!!! #185,956  
Saturday helped kids to build stage decorations for their school party. Boys from daughter's class were looking on me like superman - man have plan, have tools, result are within +/- 1 mm. Showed them some carpenter tricks. Really productive afternoon. Felt that daughter was proud, too. For recent years she didnt talk too much to me, I was kinda old grumpy man, which doesn't understand nothing. Now that teenage madness is starting to vanish.
Send your daughter to our college for engineering education!
Girl engineers get good jobs and sometimes better pay for equal opportunity employment.
I have similar relationship with my kids right now. They won't appreciate me until they have to fix their own stuff. I'm the grumpy old "boomer". :)
Another area of protest particularly in Denmark is that the gov has established aggressive goals for carbon emissions and pesticides that will impact the ag business. Farmers are saying it will force them out of business and result in imports from countries not subject to similar laws
Hard to compete with too many people making rules to try and make their jobs seem more important than they are....

Good Morning Kyle hope you and family are well
Thank you Bupps. Hope y'all get some rest and keep getting better.
We are in good place. Not rich with money, but not missing any meals. God has blessed us in so many ways.

Sorry you had to go through all that and not have it fixed on top of that.

In his texts prior to banning me he said a few things such as:

I am responsible
I will take care of it
Plan is to strip pond back down dump clay on it ,pack it, add mesh liner
Can't do the work until warmer and ground not saturated.
don't have time for your harassment
Your calls cause financial harm

County said:

Permit for pond was issued 1988
No changes can be made without new permit
Cost of engineering for water flow and pipe 15K
No dirt can be added to raise berm. Violation involving MDOE and fines
County has asked me to call if he adds dirt to the berm
Could take a long time because Department of Environment works slow legally

Somehow he thinks he does not need a permit and I am the bad guy if he is called for it

He also expects me to live with it until he decides to fix it

So let him try to fix it and call in MDOE if it fails or
Call in now and report it
and let him go through the new permit process?
Help me understand better. Would this pond ever overflow if it was the old way and a big rain event happened? Did his changes make it overflow to a different path? Does your road cross the normal downstream path? If so, does it have a pipe running under it for normal flow?
I'm just trying to get a better picture in my mind. I'm guessing that since 1988, it will have a lot of silt in it.
Headed to CA today. Travel on I-80 over Donner Summit should be good. We are scheduled on Friday to see our dog's brother from the same litter. Last saw him 8+ years ago as a 7 week old pup.

Here is a pix of our dog we just lost. This was a few years ago while building our residence. We miss him so much ...
Sorry to hear of your Golden. Condolences. I've had 2 myself in my lifetime that were like kids. They even minded better than kids.....well, my kids anyway. My son won the district Math competition of his age in 8th grade.

Last Saturday on our walk we stopped to talk to a neighbor down the street. I noticed he was bleeding from a scraped on back of his hand and asked him about it he mumbled some answer like it was nothing. A few hours later his wife called 911 and an ambulance took him to the hospital where he was admitted to the ICU for 4 days. Apparently his scraped hand was the result of a fall and when the swelling (still don't know exactly where) started his condition worsened quickly. His wife was hosting th women's neighborhood Hand and Foot card game this week. Another neighbor volunteered to host but then that neighbor's husband started bleeding internally and is scheduled for surgery today. I told my wife not to volunteer to host the card game, it is rough on the husbands.
On that note, I'm thinking you throwing down your ***** cards so fast might not be good for your shoulder's aches!!! Another reason to hold off from hosting H&F....
Hope the husbands heal. Blood thinners make you bleed worse.

I keep getting behind....work is busy, and compounded with meetings and training....but alas, I'm off tomorrow.

We had a nice Valentines. We actually went to eat last Sunday after church, to avoid the 14th madness at restaurants. Then on Tuesday, we actually bbq'ed some steaks (62F at time of bbq'ing). They turned out nice. Son said it was best steak he's ever had, but not son many steaks prior, so there's still room for improvement. I bought 4 NY strips for $5.77/lb. which were thick cut, and just over a pound each. I cut them in half to cook, then again in half to serve 1/4lb portions. Most of us had 2 portions. Plenty of leftovers. My autistic daughter absolutely loves steak.

Prayers for our team, our Nation, our debt, Israel, and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,958  
Send your daughter to our college for engineering education!
Girl engineers get good jobs and sometimes better pay for equal opportunity employment.
I have similar relationship with my kids right now. They won't appreciate me until they have to fix their own stuff. I'm the grumpy old "boomer". :)

Hard to compete with too many people making rules to try and make their jobs seem more important than they are....

Thank you Bupps. Hope y'all get some rest and keep getting better.
We are in good place. Not rich with money, but not missing any meals. God has blessed us in so many ways.

Help me understand better. Would this pond ever overflow if it was the old way and a big rain event happened? Did his changes make it overflow to a different path? Does your road cross the normal downstream path? If so, does it have a pipe running under it for normal flow?
I'm just trying to get a better picture in my mind. I'm guessing that since 1988, it will have a lot of silt in it.

Sorry to hear of your Golden. Condolences. I've had 2 myself in my lifetime that were like kids. They even minded better than kids.....well, my kids anyway. My son won the district Math competition of his age in 8th grade.

On that note, I'm thinking you throwing down your ***** cards so fast might not be good for your shoulder's aches!!! Another reason to hold off from hosting H&F....
Hope the husbands heal. Blood thinners make you bleed worse.

I keep getting behind....work is busy, and compounded with meetings and training....but alas, I'm off tomorrow.

We had a nice Valentines. We actually went to eat last Sunday after church, to avoid the 14th madness at restaurants. Then on Tuesday, we actually bbq'ed some steaks (62F at time of bbq'ing). They turned out nice. Son said it was best steak he's ever had, but not son many steaks prior, so there's still room for improvement. I bought 4 NY strips for $5.77/lb. which were thick cut, and just over a pound each. I cut them in half to cook, then again in half to serve 1/4lb portions. Most of us had 2 portions. Plenty of leftovers. My autistic daughter absolutely loves steak.

Prayers for our team, our Nation, our debt, Israel, and Ukraine.
Kyle, normally the vertical pipe inside the pond carries the flow down through the berm and out the side to a catch basin that goes under our road and discharges to a creek

Never overflowed

He raised the vertical pipe to where there is no freeboard to overflowing over the berm. Any rainfall causes overflow over the berm

/ Good morning!!!! #185,959  
Good evening all. 48ºF for the start, partly sunny, light breeze. very light wind with light gusts, Partly sunny sky, and high temp was 68ºF. Make coffee, putter breakfast, putter, bike ride, lunch, Firetruck work, nap, dinner at Mexican with group, fish club meeting, speaker was founder of Excite baits.
Mike(1Mech) hope good trip to Yellville. Welcome to GM thread. Have 2 SIL live near Bull Shoals Lake.
Helo sorry about thaw, hope not too many potholes. Glad headquarters left happy. Sorry about no heater found yet, must be too many breaking. Have fun shopping for new saw.
Ron sorry about shopping with no list, nice job getting all items on list but one. Hope good progress on dolly. Little woodpecker should eat less ;)
Bill hope town run went well. And you have seat time to look forward to.
Drew glad you are getting how to heat greenhouse worked out. I can't feed birds hear squirrels find the feeder first and empty is in short order. They also have acorns and walnuts but they empty the feeders first.
Billy hope you enjoy your snow if you get it. We would get K-1s and typically would not get them until Apr-15. Always had to file extension, fortunately never hit hard on penalties on underpay. Glad you got your valentine back, my vote is snuggle and talk with her.
Thomas hope day went well.
Frits glad you had wonderful Valentine's Day. Hard to give intelligent advice when neighbor new and poor track record. Nice pic
Dennis sorry you are have trouble sleeping. prayers sent.
Mike sorry you are still dealing with estate paperwork. Hope trip your dad's ex-house went well.
Paul deck is looking a lot better, my welds wouldn't look that good. Glad you help to mount spindles and gear box. A/C on jet sounds like interesting project.
Ken sorry day job cutting into fun time. Sorry you lost another coworker. Do the hire people who can and will do the work? Is you CIO from Soviet Union?
Scott(vt) nice to be wanted. Hope extra money doesn't mess with other income or taxes.
Plowhog hope good trip to CA. Hope good visit with dog's brother. Sorry for the loss.
Buppies good evening, hope you get more sleep tomight, prayers sent.
Masseyrider big time temperature yoyo.
Don nice weather for mid February. St Augustine is a water hog, but is good about crowding out weeds. Quite the story on hosting H&F don't blame you for not wanting host it.
RNG sorry about how unhandy the PO was. Which changing priorities from toilet to his mess ups. Hope paint fixed as well as the shelves. Hope you get other twp recycle cans and can get caught up on garbage soon. Hope you able to get back on toilet.
David hope Sophie happy with new chair protectors. Hope guys did well in H&F.
NHBX glad you could play pick up sticks and finished. Enjoy you fresh snow.
Two_bit sounds like a wonderful place to be. Lot of Ozarks streams are like that but many shear faces cliffs than ledges. Glad dinner good inspite of waiter. Hope yard clean up went well.
Dennis sorry about out of chicken soup. prayers sent. Glad car did not strand you, thanks for sharing story.
RS sorry wife had trouble admitting you were right. Sorry about the water line valve frozen, they seem to require open and close every so often. Hope change out no problems or leaks.
Dennis you or I would get burned to a crip trying that fire stuff :(
Bill enjoy plow time tomorrow.
RS glad new valve installed and will be replaced soon.
Randy(wag) sorry about loosing speaker for meeting. Glad meeting still good without speaker. Hope parcel showed up.
Don thanks for warning.
Kyle sorry you keep getting behind, hope you are talking about on TBN and not at work :) Glad you had nice Valentines Day ad a Family. Nice steaks went over well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,960  
40 outside right now, expecting a high in the upper 40's later today. Then some snow moving through into Saturday. Not enough to be concerned about. But the weather people are of course, hyped up.

Not much on the agenda today. Yesterday was a road trip day to my Dads place. Still cleaning it up and looks like it will be a few more months at that.

Hope all have a good start to today, and the weekend. Be safe.