Grand L Cab.

/ Grand L Cab. #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
I have been fertilizing athletic fields this week. I just cant believe how quiet this cab is! I load up the sitrex rear pto spreader, adjust the drop gates, set my cruise control to a ground speed of 4 mph and im off. I sit back, listen to imus while i sip my hot coffee in my cold cab, life is grand! I do have to go out in the heat to refill the spreader though, its rough out there! :D

/ Grand L Cab. #2  
Couldn't agree more, Lawn King. It's a beautiful thing.

Been bush hogging for the better part of 3 weeks and have to stop every couple of hours to clean all the dust off the glass. With the vent on recirc, no dust at all in the cab.

Ran over a yellow jacket nest and just backed up and put the b/h right on top of them for a few minutes, then drove off :)

Love it.

/ Grand L Cab. #3  
Lawn King while spreading @ 4mph what gear are you using?

/ Grand L Cab.
Mid range high, 1100 engine rpm, rear pto at approximately 325 rpm.

/ Grand L Cab. #5  
lawn_king said:
I have been fertilizing athletic fields this week. I just cant believe how quiet this cab is! I load up the sitrex rear pto spreader, adjust the drop gates, set my cruise control to a ground speed of 4 mph and im off. I sit back, listen to imus while i sip my hot coffee in my cold cab, life is grand! I do have to go out in the heat to refill the spreader though, its rough out there! :D

And you get paid for that ??? God bless america ! :D

/ Grand L Cab. #6  
Man a cab now that would be so nice. Hope that Kubota comes out with a cab on there M59 next year. Then I can also ride in the nice cook dust free cab. While Bush hogging. Man it can get so dusty, And also bugs and stuff can and does give me a fit.
Our M95X is nice with the cab cutting and bailing hay. But it will not fit down into some of the wildlife plots where I have to go.
Pete

/ Grand L Cab. #7  
lawn_king said:
Mid range high, 1100 engine rpm, rear pto at approximately 325 rpm.

1100 RRR's you must be using the cruise control lever only
I was under the empression that for contionuse use you should keep RPM's at or above 1800?
At 1100 rpm you must be sipping fuel.

Frank

/ Grand L Cab. #8  
My cab is so quiet that when I'm shredding I have to look back to make sure everything is OK... can't hardly hear anything happening in the rear. Am happy about that.

/ Grand L Cab.
Double Orange said:
1100 RRR's you must be using the cruise control lever only
I was under the empression that for contionuse use you should keep RPM's at or above 1800?
At 1100 rpm you must be sipping fuel.

Frank
Im doing some more fields this weekend, i will check on my rpm, perhaps i was @ 1600. I will let you know. Just for the record, these 40 series use fuel up fast, yet to see my machine sip fuel?

/ Grand L Cab. #10  
might be the comparison lawn king - my b3030 seems not to use fuel, almost. The m59 does. Can't necessarily say it drinks fast - maybe its normal, but compared to how little fuel the b3030 uses...