Grapple Recommendations

/ Grapple Recommendations #32  
I bought a heavy grapple with 1” thick 4” tall tines made in Perry, FL for logging. Is about 60” wide and then I bought a twin hydraulic piston grapple setup, that required the top cage to be cut off the root rake. I have not bent anything on the graple setup. I pick up 30’ trees and snap them in two, using the 4x4 manual transmission 45 hp Kubota w tires full of water.
My pole trees are 135-140’ feet tall, limbed, topped and stump cut, I can pick them up. I have a 46’ long treated telephone pole I keep moving around….I know the instant I cut it, I will need all 46’.
Been thinking about a small wash that has started in my storm drain on the back side of my dam, runoff from the county road, which is itself illegal, I need to repair that, without activating the state. Fooling with the state is not usually a good thing.
Oh, the lift capacity has been adjusted per TBN posting suggestions, using a shop vac, etc. Tractor is 13 years old.

Attachments

• ACC760D1-70AE-4B3A-9341-A731FEB1DB15.jpeg
    ACC760D1-70AE-4B3A-9341-A731FEB1DB15.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
   / Grapple Recommendations #33  
Http:\www.worksaver.com
Check out this product line.
Very well made and considerably less expensive. I looked at all the "popular" brands before getting one of these. VERY happy with it.
grapple.jpg

/ Grapple Recommendations #34  
I do not doubt the grapple's strength.

The video showcasing the grapple is nauseating. Who publishes a promotional video using a +$100k farm tractor as a poorly used bulldozer. Thought this was Whistlin Diesel at first.

CT
Thanks.
Nah, that's Ted, and by abusing it, we know it is ready for whatever out in the wild.
Testing done right.
Travis

/ Grapple Recommendations #35  
I bought a heavy grapple with 1” thick 4” tall tines made in Perry, FL for logging. Is about 60” wide and then I bought a twin hydraulic piston grapple setup, that required the top cage to be cut off the root rake. I have not bent anything on the graple setup. I pick up 30’ trees and snap them in two, using the 4x4 manual transmission 45 hp Kubota w tires full of water.
My pole trees are 135-140’ feet tall, limbed, topped and stump cut, I can pick them up. I have a 46’ long treated telephone pole I keep moving around….I know the instant I cut it, I will need all 46’.
Been thinking about a small wash that has started in my storm drain on the back side of my dam, runoff from the county road, which is itself illegal, I need to repair that, without activating the state. Fooling with the state is not usually a good thing.
Oh, the lift capacity has been adjusted per TBN posting suggestions, using a shop vac, etc. Tractor is 13 years old.
That's one that probably came from Lynn's Industrial Welding if it came from Perry Fl, he does make a well built grapple.

/ Grapple Recommendations #36  
   / Grapple Recommendations #37  
Mine's an Armstrong Ag made in Brenham Texas. So, pretty much local folks for me. Cost just under $1300 pre-plague, dual cylinder, 840 lbs.

Attachments

• Armstrong.png
    Armstrong.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
   / Grapple Recommendations #38  
I ordered the MTL a few hours ago. The 72" is supposedly in stock, I'm afraid what I'll be told when I call though lol. It does look to have pretty decent construction and the price cannot be beat. Looks heavy duty, as you said the pins look like all greaseable with fittings etc. I'll update the thread here as the order progresses - if it does!
Sold out now. Actually, almost all of their stuff is sold out.

Last edited:
   / Grapple Recommendations #39  
I'm looking at the Wicked 60" and 66" for my Kioti DK5010SE but I am having a hard time with that pricing. Granted, I haven't done a deep dive comparison with other brands. Can anyone sell me on why I should buy one besides the marketing stuff on their website?

/ Grapple Recommendations #40  
I'm looking at the Wicked 60" and 66" for my Kioti DK5010SE but I am having a hard time with that pricing. Granted, I haven't done a deep dive comparison with other brands. Can anyone sell me on why I should buy one besides the marketing stuff on their website?
Look at Homestead Implements.