Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #1  

fish6942

Gold Member
Tractor
'07 Kubota BX2350
Hello All -

I'm wanting to do the valve clearance check and need confirmation on which is the #1 cylinder.

I have the WSM (page attached) that states the #1 cylinder is nearest the gear case. Are they referring to the fan/water pump end of the engine as being the gear case? The BX has the engine installed with the fan end facing rearwards and the flywheel facing forward towards the front bumper.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• BX2350 Valve Clearance.pdf
    560.7 KB · Views: 56
   / Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #2  
@fish6942
Check the General Section, first few pages, for a picture of the cylinder number ID.
A different BX series (1870,2370,2670) seems to say the same as your manual, but the picture looks like #1 is closest to the fan.

IMG_3902.jpg

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #3  
Yes, the engine is mounted backwards. The #1 is where the fan is.

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350
Thanks guys! I don’t believe my WSM has that nice cylinder layout diagram, that would have been helpful.

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #5  
Also vaguely referencing a non engine part of the tractor is not very clear. Saying nearest the fan or thermostat housing would have been much more clear.
I'm not an engine guy.

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #6  
Also vaguely referencing a non engine part of the tractor is not very clear. Saying nearest the fan or thermostat housing would have been much more clear.
I'm not an engine guy.
On all Kubota engines, the flywheel is mounted on the rear of the engine.

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #7  
On all Kubota engines, the flywheel is mounted on the rear of the engine.
Yeah, I'd say you are absolutely right. Take this lightly, please, but all engines have the flywheel mounted on the rear unless they put the transmission in the front ...

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #8  
Yeah, I'd say you are absolutely right. Take this lightly, please, but all engines have the flywheel mounted on the rear unless they put the transmission in the front ...
The front of an engine is always the Front no matter which end the transmission is connected to.

/ Help identifying #1 cylinder on BX2350 #9  
The front of an engine is always the Front no matter which end the transmission is connected to.
Uhhh... OK, educate me. If the rear is not always where the flywheel attaches to the crankshaft then exactly what officially identifies the "front?"