Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #31  
I used to watch Tractor Time with Tim too.

Great entertainment, but take what he says with a grain of salt. He’s a paid shill for all things John Deere.

I have nothing against John Deere. That’s the label on my excavator.

/ Help on new purchase #32  
For less money you can get a real tractor like a Kioti CK2610 or Mahindra 1626 and a nice zero turn mower.

/ Help on new purchase #33  
I used to watch Tractor Time with Tim too.

Great entertainment, but take what he says with a grain of salt. He’s a paid shill for all things John Deere.

I have nothing against John Deere. That’s the label on my excavator.
Years back JD excavators where all Hitachi but the engine !!!! I ran 490s and 160s size the older 490s very little issues 10k hours on 94 model. Then we went to 160s early 2000s engines issues where common. JD has done well on marketing they are definitely not worth extra money unless your infatuated with green and yellow paint and deer 🦌 logo.🤑

/ Help on new purchase #34  
I can't judge the man's motives that harshly. He is a JD believer, but there are people everywhere with a pet brand. Green, and Orange seem to have an almost cult following, and to a lessor degree blue, the other orange, and all the various shades of reds. You can see it on this forum nearly everyday, and add GMC vs Chevrolet vs Ram vs Ford vs Toyota into it also. Tim got his hand slapped by JD because hits opening animation showed a green and yellow icon which they claimed a copyright on in the image of a tractor. He had to change it to green and white. JD does loan him some machines for a year to do demonstration videos on, but many of the You Tube channels have been given tractors under the similar conditions.

/ Help on new purchase #36  
For less money you can get a real tractor like a Kioti CK2610 or Mahindra 1626 a
To be clear the JD is made in America. The engine is Yanmar which is Japanese.
The 5e series is made in India.

/ Help on new purchase #37  
Hey everyone im new to the forum. Need some insight from more experienced users as to which route to go. Im torn between a Deere 1025r or an LS mt125. I would like both equipped with loader, mower deck, bagger system and from driven snow blower.
LS after all equipment is $28,000 they offer 3.9% 84 months
Deere after equipment is $35,000. They offer 0% at 84 months.
both are very nice tractors, the main differences i see are the deere has an autoconnect and drive over mower deck and the ls is manually connected. Also the deere has some worklights and better seat, cruise control etc. Seems like both tractors are very comparable and the attachments are easy on/off for both.

should i consider a slightly used tractor with most of the implements i want or stick with new due to warranty.
How does the LS hold up vs the Deere? Would i be better off taking the 0% as it will cost about the same as the finance charge in the end? Also how is the market for used implements if i decided to hold off on the snowblower for instance? I have some tractor knowledge and experience but not enough to make a decision here apparently. Any tips or help is appreciated as im still a little green in the topic. (No pun intended) thanks!
Interesting post as I have considered buying a new/used tractor for several years. After owning the same tractor which was manufactured in 1984, here is what I can offer.......

You will need a tractor you can get parts for........ you will need parts if you are going to use it at it's full capability. Only assuming here but you will be better apt to get Deere parts/service than LS? Also better resale value. Good Luck!

/ Help on new purchase #38  
I gotta used LS with 20 hrs onit for the price you talking. But a MT352 with FEL and bought a snow pusher instead of a blower. Pusher more fun and CAB to go with. Less parts = less issues and easy to attach.

/ Help on new purchase #39  
We are good at helping folks choose a tractor for certain applications or for a certain piece of property.

Which brand tractor, Deere or LS?, will get you opinions, mostly.
I have a 2017 GC1720 and its very strong no problems and have about 350 hr does come with drive over deck also cruse control. great tractor.

/ Help on new purchase #40  
That's what Tim (from Tractor Time with Tim) said to me at the Farm Machinery Show when I told him I bought a new New Holland tractor last winter. I do not agree. Previous to my purchase, we had a 21 year old New Holland tractor that was likely $13k or so new. With 21 years of HARD use on it, battered and beaten, we got $8,500 trade in no questions asked. A Deere would bring no more, and maybe less. (I'm assuming that people know the LS and New Holland small machines are the same now).

I agree, if he's wanting a belly mower then the quick attach system would be worth its weight in gold.

I would call and ask the price of a marketbasket of parts/ maintenance items. As I swapped from IH to JD to Ford I found that the green paint was very expensive and didn't really help with the specific tasks I was trying to accomplish. OTOH, although more spendy, JD could normally get whatever I wanted for a 60 year old tractor which is pretty impressive.