Hiccup in power trac plans

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #12  
Lol. Do you have to do it at WOT and full flow?? On my excavator I do it idle and then ease into aux flow until the output seems fast enough.....
These machines all have on/off for hydraulic flow. It might not be 12gpm, but it will be at least 3-4gpm on idle. There is no way to feather it. Relative to some machines, they have smaller hydraulic reservoirs, and rely more on oil coolers rather than large tanks.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #13  
Not sure if it's the same on the bigger machines, but on the little PT422, the aux is electric valve, on/off.
On the 425, at least on my 2001 model year, the AUX is the 3rd function on the FEL bank of valves that is downstream from the power beyond port on the steering valve. It operates the QA and any attachments with cylinders like mini-ho and power angle snow plow. I think that's only rated at 4GPM and the pump section that feeds all that comes on as soon as you crank the engine, as it's physically connected to the crank shaft and there is no clutch.

The MAIN PTO is always on as well. That is the one that's rated at 8GPM. It's physically connected to the crank shaft as well. That's the one with the electric diverter that switches between return directly to tank OR go out to the FEL arm in/out connectors for the mowers and such.

Not sure how the larger units are plumbed, but I'd suspect similar, and you'd have a heck of a time trying to hold a hose in a bucket while cranking the key, throttle, diverter switch, AUX lever, etc... big mess coming.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #14  
Lol. Do you have to do it at WOT and full flow?? On my excavator I do it idle and then ease into aux flow until the output seems fast enough.....
That's the difference between practical experience and reading a spec sheet then posting.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #15  
On the 425, at least on my 2001 model year, the AUX is the 3rd function on the FEL bank of valves that is downstream from the power beyond port on the steering valve. It operates the QA and any attachments with cylinders like mini-ho and power angle snow plow. I think that's only rated at 4GPM and the pump section that feeds all that comes on as soon as you crank the engine, as it's physically connected to the crank shaft and there is no clutch.

The MAIN PTO is always on as well. That is the one that's rated at 8GPM. It's physically connected to the crank shaft as well. That's the one with the electric diverter that switches between return directly to tank OR go out to the FEL arm in/out connectors for the mowers and such.

Not sure how the larger units are plumbed, but I'd suspect similar, and you'd have a heck of a time trying to hold a hose in a bucket while cranking the key, throttle, diverter switch, AUX lever, etc... big mess coming.
Cool! I shouldn't have commented. Re the bucket/hose problem, the buckets I use have the main lid still on and I put the hose in through the smaller pop out hole you pour the fluid out of. If you were planning to use an open top bucket you shouldn't be trying this...

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #16  
It might work. The machine we're talking about puts out 18 GPM at all pressures. That's 1 gallon in 3.33 seconds regardless of the pressure, as it's a positive displacement pump, at the given RPM. Slow the RPM down, and it will put out less GPM. I'd want a second set of hands, some eye protection, and a face shield.

You're also gonna waste a gallon of hydraulic fluid at the least each time you do this. Worst case scenario, you're gonna drain 10 gallons of hydraulic fluid in 33 seconds.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #17  
Use a constrictor knot to secure hose to handle if you know it(it's a good knot). If you don't waste a couple zip ties.
PXL_20210627_173132245.jpg

Of course you need to check the machines fluid before and after this operation.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #18  
Use a constrictor knot to secure hose to handle if you know it(it's a good knot). If you don't waste a couple zip ties.
View attachment 703871
Of course you need to check the machines fluid before and after this operation.
That is a great knot! It's a little bit like the hitch we use on a cleat for a boat, but you don't need the cleat. Learning knots was one of my favorite parts of sailing, and this is a good one!

Here's a good quick tutorial.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans
Which Power Trac model did you end up going with?

I’m getting a used 1430., but with all new attachments.
Gas or diesel didn’t matter as much, as I initially thought.
But the lift capacity, over the 425 is what I really need,
and even the 1430, won’t be enough for some stuff, so I’ll end up needing something bigger as well.
but that will probably be a new tractor
I may still end up getting a 425 later, as it is definitely smaller and more nimble, and I dare say fun to operate.
and can see that it will get into tighter places, but will see how the 1430 does first.

/ Hiccup in power trac plans #20  
I’m getting a used 1430., but with all new attachments.
Gas or diesel didn’t matter as much, as I initially thought.
But the lift capacity, over the 425 is what I really need,
and even the 1430, won’t be enough for some stuff, so I’ll end up needing something bigger as well.
but that will probably be a new tractor
I may still end up getting a 425 later, as it is definitely smaller and more nimble, and I dare say fun to operate.
and can see that it will get into tighter places, but will see how the 1430 does first.

Nice! How did you locate a used one? Would love to find a newer used 1340. I’ve been keeping my eye for a bit and it looks like they’re listings for used PTs is not updated very often and whatever I see on there is already sold.