Homemade 2 shank subsoiler

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler
I would say that is an excellent first run at it! Thanks for the video!
I definitely agree. Really surprised on how everything just went nice and smoothly.

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler #62  
Nice work!

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler #63  
Once I do more testing, I'll play with different top link lengths and also the different holes on the top link mount.
Putting the top link at the lowest hole kn the tractor and a high hole on the ripper will cause it to not properly engage: the points will swing forward when you drop it to the ground, so the draft force will push it out of the ground.

Ive also had when the left lift arm rode in the top of the slack in the pins and the right arm in the bottom, tilting the whole implement because that way the top link would run slant, effectively allowing it to move closer to the tractor, tilting over forward. Using the lower top link hole on the ripper solved that.

It's officially done. All nice and painted, just don't look too close. :)

More testing to go, specially with the draft control. Just checked the manual to tune the linkage for deep ground engagement work.

Today, I did use the rototiller on the olive grove, where I did all the sub-soiling work. It was a major improvement as the tiller went deep and everything went a lot smoother.

IMG_20230611_141856.jpg
IMG_20230611_141906.jpg
IMG_20230611_141901.jpg

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler #65  
Looks really good! Great job!

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler #67  
Looking rough but its all my 4025 wants. At times the beam will drag. Stump pulling bent the 10in frame
Plow is from root rake off a dozer.

Attachments

• 76609784-4749-4057-A95A-2280FA7E0C62.jpeg
    76609784-4749-4057-A95A-2280FA7E0C62.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 54
Looking rough but its all my 4025 wants. At times the beam will drag. Stump pulling bent the 10in frame
Plow is from root rake off a dozer.
I imagine the wide tip also requires quite a bit more traction to pull. How deep does it go?

/ Homemade 2 shank subsoiler #69  
I think maybe about 24 inches. Really needs a lot of moisture to get deep.