How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #231  
I had seen this idea posted on this site before, PVC pipe fashioned to carry chain. I liked the idea, so I modified it to suit my needs. I have a BX25, a small tractor, and while I may not have a use for the amount of logging chain as some, I quickly realized the use for chain in most any hauling chores with this little tractor.
I fastened it to the FEL post. There is a small hole already there that I used. Since I have a cap on mine, I did not drill drainage holes in the bottom cap of the PVC pipe. I keep 3 small chains in one of the pipes, gloves, a 25' tape, and a roll of flagging tape in the other.
On my rear blade, I made a small one to carry a small level and a wrench.
I really like this forum and I get a lot of ideas. I appreciate everyone's advise and expertise.

Our B2320 has similar holes in the loader mounts but I wasn't sure how to get mine mounted without having to take the loader off to get access, and that sure seems like a lot of trouble for the outcome, so I have to ask, was that how you got the bolt into yours?
Or was there some other method you used??

Thanks,
Thomas[/QUOTE]

Thomas,

The hole(s) in my support arms of the FEL of my BX25 were already there, and very easy to get at. I did not have to remove anything. In the pictures I attached, I tried to show how I attached the PVC pipe. There was only one hole on each side. If you can't make out how I attached mine, send a reply and I will post a more detailed picture or pictures of what I did.

Mike[/QUOTE]

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #232  
I had seen this idea posted on this site before, PVC pipe fashioned to carry chain. I liked the idea, so I modified it to suit my needs. I have a BX25, a small tractor, and while I may not have a use for the amount of logging chain as some, I quickly realized the use for chain in most any hauling chores with this little tractor.
I fastened it to the FEL post. There is a small hole already there that I used. Since I have a cap on mine, I did not drill drainage holes in the bottom cap of the PVC pipe. I keep 3 small chains in one of the pipes, gloves, a 25' tape, and a roll of flagging tape in the other.
On my rear blade, I made a small one to carry a small level and a wrench.
I really like this forum and I get a lot of ideas. I appreciate everyone's advise and expertise.

Our B2320 has similar holes in the loader mounts but I wasn't sure how to get mine mounted without having to take the loader off to get access, and that sure seems like a lot of trouble for the outcome, so I have to ask, was that how you got the bolt into yours?
Or was there some other method you used??

Thanks,
Thomas[/QUOTE]

Thomas,

The hole(s) in my support arms of the FEL of my BX25 were already there, and very easy to get at. I did not have to remove anything. In the pictures I attached, I tried to show how I attached the PVC pipe. There was only one hole on each side. If you can't make out how I attached mine, send a reply and I will post a more detailed picture or pictures of what I did.

Mike[/QUOTE]

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #233  
[/QUOTE]

Thomas,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick answer back, and for the great pictures. I think you did a great job of showing what you did to attach the pipe, and our tractor similarly has a single hole on each mount (1 each on the left and right loader mounts).

What I could not comprehend is how to get access behind the mount to tighten the bolt, but I haven't had a chance to go out and look at ours again, so I'll hold off asking for any more pictures or details until I can scope it out on ours first.

Thanks again,
Thomas

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #234  
Thomas,

I'm going to try to post a reply only once this time. My apologies for my double post previously.
Anyway, I looked up some images of your tractor and mine. I found the FEL supports to be different. Different enough to where I am better able to understand your puzzlement. Below is a picture I found on the internet of a tractor like mine, a BX25DBL. I circled one side of the FEL. In the center of the circle you can barely make out the existing hole I was referring to.

On the picture of a B2320, your tractor, I found online, the design of the FEL is slightly different. There is no existing hole visible, at least not in the same location as mine.

So, I don't know how you can mount some PVC as I had. I don't know what you tractor looks like up close and personal, and all. Sorry Thomas. But I'm stumped. I am sure though, you will be able to figure something out. Perhaps if you were to raise your FEL, you can get at the hole that you said exists in yours.

The first picture is of your tractor. The second is of mine.

I wish you luck, Thomas, and happy New Year!

Mike

000_0014_kindlephoto-552476039.jpg

2012_kubota_bx25dlb_tractor_loader_backhoe_lawn_mower_4x4_72hours_excellent_unit_4_lgw_kindlepho.jpg

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #235  
Thomas,

I'm going to try to post a reply only once this time. My apologies for my double post previously.
Anyway, I looked up some images of your tractor and mine. I found the FEL supports to be different. Different enough to where I am better able to understand your puzzlement. Below is a picture I found on the internet of a tractor like mine, a BX25DBL. I circled one side of the FEL. In the center of the circle you can barely make out the existing hole I was referring to.

On the picture of a B2320, your tractor, I found online, the design of the FEL is slightly different. There is no existing hole visible, at least not in the same location as mine.

So, I don't know how you can mount some PVC as I had. I don't know what you tractor looks like up close and personal, and all. Sorry Thomas. But I'm stumped. I am sure though, you will be able to figure something out. Perhaps if you were to raise your FEL, you can get at the hole that you said exists in yours.

The first picture is of your tractor. The second is of mine.

I wish you luck, Thomas, and happy New Year!

Mike

View attachment 404697

View attachment 404698

Hi Mike,
Happy New Year!

I was out working with, and looking more closely at our tractor and loader yesterday and at work at my paing job all day today, so I just sqw you post. Thank you for your amazing diligence, I really appreciate it, and you are also entirely correct, we do not have the same hole in the same place, in fact I was thinking of a hole elsewhere on our tractor, which will not be helpful in this issue.

My error, but I will say again, thank you for your awesome diligence and concern for someone else's understanding what you were able to do. You are the kind of person who makes belonging to TBN such a pleasure and such a valuable place to frquent.

Many thanks,
Thomas

PS: For now, I'll keep throwing them on top of our ballast box, but I'll figure something out and post it here eventually.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #236  
Can't you drill and tap the loader post for a couple of 3/8" bolts? No harm will come of it.
Jim

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #237  
Can't you drill and tap the loader post for a couple of 3/8" bolts? No harm will come of it.
Jim

Hi Jim,

That may be what we end up doing, but I'm still cogitating about it. My boss can be a little prickly about drilling holes in her pretty oeang OEM paint unless I can convince her that there is no more viable option, and I haven't decided if I really want to go that route yet.
Thanks for the input.
Thomas

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #238  
To keep the boss happy, find where you want to drill a couple holes. put some masking tape over the area. Take your center punch and make a hole. Then drill your small hole, then drill your bigger hole. All the time the tape will keep it as sanitary as can be.

When you get your holes matched up to your PVC, and ready to stick you bolt through, make sure you put a flat washer on the inside of the PVC. You might want to take the washer on an anvil and bend it a bit to make it fit your inside better, nice and snug without tweaking the PVC.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #239  
If you look around there are some industrial sized/lenght stainless steel hose clamps that would hold the PVC to the posts and the tightening assembly could be hid behind the posts. No drilling required....

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #240  
If you look around there are some industrial sized/lenght stainless steel hose clamps that would hold the PVC to the posts and the tightening assembly could be hid behind the posts. No drilling required....

Yep, I use those clamps a lot, got my big ones on eBay.