How is this possible?

/ How is this possible? #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I just saw this on FB and got to wondering how it could happen? I'm guessing that the tongue weight of the trailer along with whatever is in the back of the camper must have been so heavy that it leveraged the frame of the truck. But I just can't believe that frame would bend like this before something else would fail.

70928445_10156784884497198_4266863297757708288_n.jpg

/ How is this possible? #2  
The frame may not have bent at all. The bolts holding on the bed may have broke, stripped out (whatever) to allow the bed to come off the frame. I doubt the frame would be broken and the rear wheels still be on the ground as in the picture.

/ How is this possible? #3  
The frame may not have bent at all. The bolts holding on the bed may have broke, stripped out (whatever) to allow the bed to come off the frame. I doubt the frame would be broken and the rear wheels still be on the ground as in the picture.

If that were the case, why is the cab all jacked up in the rear? If it were just the bed, the cab would still be level and you could see the frame under the bed.

But to Eddie's point, I saw that and was scratching my head. I would have thought the extender used on the hitch would have given way long before the frame of the truck. We have friends that have a similar set-up, except a SRW 350. They have the truck camper that sticks out, use a 4' hitch extension, and tow a small stock trailer with Nigerian Dwarf goats. Not all that heavy and it scares me because of the extension.

/ How is this possible? #4  
No, the frame is bent. The frame is just on the line under the door sill. Draw that line backward and it would be over the rear dual's. So the frame would have to be bent. I dunno how that exactly happened.

/ How is this possible? #5  
Scary!!! There are lots of big, heavy Okanogan campers on pickups in my area. I would hope that Gary's answer is correct. Whatever - this fellow is about to have a BAD day.

/ How is this possible? #6  
I reckon this photo needs to go in the people towing/hauling something wrong thread.. :)

/ How is this possible? #7  
Scary!!! There are lots of big, heavy Okanogan campers on pickups in my area. I would hope that Gary's answer is correct. Whatever - this fellow is about to have a BAD day.

That bad boy is bent pretty good. Gonna take some real money to fix that.

/ How is this possible? #8  
i have seen that a couple times, the frame is bent truck is totaled. the ford raptor guys buy an aftermarket frame strengthening kit to prevent theirs from doing it, pretty common

/ How is this possible? #9  

If it was the box mount bolts failed the cab should still be setting parallel to the road. Must have used a gosh awful heavy duty receiver extension out to the trailer ball, that should have been the weakest link.

/ How is this possible? #10  
...... Whatever - this fellow is about to have a BAD day.

...and yet the guy is sitting in the cab looking like he's waiting for the light to change? :confused3:

p.s. What is the bar resting on the ground behind rear tire?