How is this possible?

/ How is this possible? #11  
I'd bet he's sitting there wondering how in the heck he's going to pay for all of what's coming

/ How is this possible? #12  
Looking at the photo a little closer I see the frame failure is where the horizontal bar is mounted to hold front of the camper down. However that bar is mounted probably weaken integrity of the frame.

/ How is this possible? #13  
He is sitting there because he pooped his pants when it happened, and he is too embarrassed to get out. :)

/ How is this possible? #14  
I’ve loaded my ton heavy enough that I had to take some logs off so it would steer. I’ve seen other trucks loaded so the front is completely off the ground. And that’s a F-450. I’ve never looked at a new 450 but if it’s anything like my 90s 3500HD the frame is way heavier than a ton truck frame. I’m guessing significant rust is the only way.

/ How is this possible? #15  
There's another white trailer right behind this. Could it be that was bolted to back of camper? If so, no wonder it broke.

/ How is this possible? #16  
I致e loaded my ton heavy enough that I had to take some logs off so it would steer. I致e seen other trucks loaded so the front is completely off the ground. And that痴 a F-450. I致e never looked at a new 450 but if it痴 anything like my 90s 3500HD the frame is way heavier than a ton truck frame. I知 guessing significant rust is the only way.

I was wondering about this too.
At first I thought, as others mentioned, that if he had a significant trailer hitch extender to get the ball past the camper, it's this additional leverage that did him in.
But like you say, the maximum load the frame can experiences in front of the rear axle, before the front wheels lift, is the same no matter the leverage distance of the trailer tongue weight behind the rear wheels. It just takes less rear weight at this distance to lift the front wheels.

/ How is this possible? #17  
My thoughts, in no particular order......

Excessive weight behind the truck axle. Very easy to do with that much camper hanging off the back. Then add trailer tongue weight.

The camper is securely mounted to the truck frame so the camper itself is acting as a lever.

Frame weakening possibly from corrosion , the camper bracket install, or previous damage, or a combination of these.

Aftermarket power adder for pulling hills.
Heavy throttle pivots the rear like a seesaw leaving cab hanging.

/ How is this possible? #18  
He probably stopped too quickly and all that trailer weight and camper weight lifted the back end then came crashing back down...just like a fulcrum.

/ How is this possible? #19  
there's sparks off of the rear camper tiedowns, it's actually driving in that picture...

That trailer has to be loaded very tongue heavy, that camper looks to be about a 10' which isn't that bad, towing with a 12' camper is much worse... Some people don't know what they are doing and have more power than they should... Sure I do stupid things in my old '97 F350 but the limited horsepower keeps me in line and I'm conscious of the tongue weight...

I haven't looked under any of the new trucks to see how they're made, I wouldn't think they would be that weak but you never know these days...

/ How is this possible? #20  
The odds of being staged is high,people do it all the time.