How is this possible?

/ How is this possible? #61  
Heavy trailer braking (manual or surge) will cause this. A free-body-diagram of hitch load plus braking load acting about the rear tire contact patch puts a large bending moment on the frame. If picture tilt is real, then operator may have tried to slow the rig down by applying the trailer brake controller. Too much, too quickly.

More common than you might think.

/ How is this possible? #62  
I'm still not believing it.

there is a video of the vehicle driving.... it is the same owner. the trailer has a custom hitch, which appears to causing the issue, according to posts there is a huge tool box and race car in the trailer.

/ How is this possible? #63  
Not necessarily. The Ford trucks are designed with a 3 piece frame that allows for one section to be replaced anywhere on the truck. I had a two weeks old F150 get rear ended pretty good and it bent the h3ll out of the frame. The insurance adjuster said it was totaled, then we had it towed to the Ford garage and they said no big deal. Literally lifted the cab and bed off the frame and replaced the bent section. Good to go 3 weeks later.

well all i know is read about it a lot, there is a kit to fix the frame bend at the bump stop for the raptor

SDHQ Off Road | 1-14 Ford Raptor SDHQ Built Rear Bed Frame Reinforcement Kit-SDHQ

/ How is this possible? #64  
Maybe somebody ran into the back of the trailer?🤷*♂️

Either that, or he ran into another vehicle, the tongue pushing down during hard braking.

Happens all the time with Nissan Navara / Ford Ranger built in Spain.

/ How is this possible? #65  
About 40 years ago we broke the frame on an 81 Chevy pickup with a round bale fork mounted on the back bumper. The frames would split at the wheel arches and the only thing holding it together was the bed. The breaks like that happened so often that the dealership would just send you over to the welding shop across the road that had patch plates already cut and would fix it for a couple of hundred bucks.