Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos
Last edited:
   / Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #44  
Thanks for all the good tips MrSteve. I have a 1643 that has started to leak, over 2 years old and less than 200 hrs. Dealer quoted $500-$600. Yours looks very similar to what I have. When it warms up I am going to fix this.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #45  
Good thread, I'll bookmark it in case of future issues on my 1648.

Its great to see this thread is still helping people out after such a long time.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #47  
I think I saved all of your photos Mr Steve a year or so, I have a 1526 and you just never know when something like that goes... I think mine is the same setup.

I think I saved all of your photos Mr Steve a year or so, I have a 1526 and you just never know when something like that goes... I think mine is the same setup.

Great! The 1526 is a bit smaller in frame/axle size isn't it? Even so, if it has the same drop spindles in the front like the 1533, I would have to think the R&R would be the same, but not the part numbers.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #49  
This is happening on my 1528 so this is probably the same procedure.

Great reference!

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #50  
Great! The 1526 is a bit smaller in frame/axle size isn't it? Even so, if it has the same drop spindles in the front like the 1533, I would have to think the R&R would be the same, but not the part numbers.

I'm pretty sure it is. The 1529 might be the same as yours. But I think the concept is the same. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!!