Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #11  
Follow the fuel line from carb to tank...

Many engines now have a fuel pump on side of engine that uses the crankcase pressure/vacuum to pump fuel

And the pump is just a diaphragm between the engine and the fuel.

A loose bolt or tear here and it pumps gas into crankcase.

Easy test is using compressed air at low pressure on input side with output side plugged and put a balloon on the dip stick tube and if balloon fills up you have a leak.

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!
Follow the fuel line from carb to tank...

Many engines now have a fuel pump on side of engine that uses the crankcase pressure/vacuum to pump fuel

And the pump is just a diaphragm between the engine and the fuel.

A loose bolt or tear here and it pumps gas into crankcase.

Easy test is using compressed air at low pressure on input side with output side plugged and put a balloon on the dip stick tube and if balloon fills up you have a leak.

It's all taken apart now. There was nothing from the gas tank to the carb except the small fuel filter.

The filter looks like this:

12952.png

What does the pump look like? Any good website with pics?

Thanks!

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #15  
I haven't seen any small engines that have a fuel pump. That's usually on a little bigger lawnmower stuff. You could probably eliminate any feature problems by installing a fuel shut off.

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!
And I'm back in the Land of Milk and Honey!

Took the carb to the local small engine place (Peoples Small Engine Repair, Toney, AL) to ask about a rebuild kit. The guy asked what was wrong, told him about the gas in the oil and he immediately said it was a stuck needle valve. He offered to fix it and I took him on it since I was on my way into town for a dr's appointment. Had it back by noon, put it all back together with new SAE J30R9 FI hose, new air and fuel filters and replaced the oil. Started right up. I split up about a third of beetle-killed pine before setting up in my pole barn looking for that 10 point that busted me last night (no joy on that unfortunately).

Asked about putting a fuel shutoff valve or running it dry before putting it up and he said it won't clear out the fuel bowl. He said the best prevention is to add Stabil or Pri-G to the fuel and run the engine at least once per month.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #18  
The fuel shut off won't clear out the fuel bowl but in the event it malfunctions again it will limit the amount of gas leakage.

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #19  
My 12hp BS on an old wheel horse mower did the same thing. Leaks thru carb into crankcase.

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #20  
I’m trying to understand how so much gas can leak into oil.
So the gas leaks into oil in the days and weeks prior to running it?
When it’s off?